who will be next year's chargers?

Buffalo is a great choice for sleeper for next season, as jp could potentially be great. cardinals seem to be another sleeper that the anaylists are speaking of.

teams that have sucked in recent memory that could turn heads this season imo

1. buffalo

2. bengals (not sure they would be considered a sleeper though)

3. cards

4. lions

Buffalo is a great choice for sleeper for next season, as jp could potentially be great.  cardinals seem to be another sleeper that the anaylists are speaking of.

1. buffalo

3. cards

4. lions

384812[/snapback]

In order to be what the Chargers were, a team would have to be totally out of the blue. Many were calling the Chargers an NFL Europe caliber team heading into last season. None of your four teams (although all have potential for good seasons) are regarded that poorly.

The only teams that can possibly be "the 05 chargers" are the Titans, 9ers, fish, and Browns. Want to take a stab at one of those?

In order to be what the Chargers were, a team would have to be totally out of the blue.  Many were calling the Chargers an NFL Europe caliber team heading into last season.  None of your four teams (although all have potential for good seasons) are regarded that poorly.

The only teams that can possibly be "the 05 chargers" are the Titans, 9ers, fish, and Browns.  Want to take a stab at one of those?

384822[/snapback]

Right on. Chargers truly came out of nowhere and really epitomized what a bunch of people can do when they are on the same page. At first I thought the Browns would be your best bet, but I realized that if McNair goes down early enough for Billy Volek to take over and stake his claim, Titans could (COULD) do some damage.

Buffalo is a great choice for sleeper for next season, as jp could potentially be great.  cardinals seem to be another sleeper that the anaylists are speaking of.

1. buffalo

3. cards

4. lions

384812[/snapback]

Teams that barely missed the playoffs last year cannot be considered the '05 Chargers. If I do recall, the Chargers had the top pick in the draft in '04, meaning they were the worst of the worst in '03. Jumping out on a limb with the Bills and Bengals for '05 is not crystal ball stuff. The Lions have no choice but to win some games, or there will be some serious changes there (qb, coach, gm). I've heard the bustle about the Cards, but I just don't see it. The only thing they have going for them is the ass division they play in. Cards go 6-10 IMO.

Out of nowhere team for me- that's tough and but I'll throw the NY Giants out there.

Oakland....

Kerry Collins could be the surprise player of the year....With Moss/Porter/Curry

to throw and that OL could be dominating with those top picks on it.

385053[/snapback]

good choice, but it's a tough tough division.

1. buffalo

3. cards

4. lions

384812[/snapback]

9-7 is a far cry from the #1 overall draft pick the chargers had.

i think the lions will surprise a lot of people. as long as they keep Garcia on the bench.

The Chicago Bears will be last years Chargers. They will indeed turn heads.

385049[/snapback]

Hmmmmm. You may be right.

They have a lot of positive indicators: coach in his second year (meaning the program's already been installed), a scattering of decent talent after some years of drafting low, and a very forgiving division (GB's on the way down and I just don't believe in the Vikings no matter who they sign). Plus they're in the NFC, where it doesn't take much. If Grossman isn't a washout . . .

Ill say it. Miami!

They were bad last year, but not the train wreck that the next to last team usually is. Saban is being looked at as a demi-god and the team is not used to losing, and wants to turn things around fast. That being said, the AFC East is the toughest in football, and getting in the playoffs is a battle that could take all the energy from the team.

But all I can do is hope.