Camp Autographs??

I am fropm Columbus and I was thinking about attending camp for the frist time.

I have a couple of questions that many of you could answer.

What is the best way to obtain autographs? I know they have the autograph tent, but isn't it for youngsters? I collect bills autographs, but I am tired adding to my personal collection with over priced autographs via ebay.

Do you need tickets to attend camp? And if so, do you get those at a Tops, ticketmaster or something like that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I am fropm Columbus and I was thinking about attending camp for the frist time.

I have a couple of questions that many of you could answer.

What is the best way to obtain autographs?  I know they have the autograph tent, but isn't it for youngsters? I collect bills autographs, but I am tired adding to my personal collection with over priced autographs via ebay.

Do you need tickets to attend camp?  And if so, do you get those at a Tops, ticketmaster or something like that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

384275[/snapback]

Camp is free, parking is 1 dollar. Autographs can be gotten a few ways.

At the end of each session, there are a few players who are obligated to sign stuff at the tents, they do this for about 20 minutes. The player selected may be a veteran (when I was there last year it was Pat Williams).

There is also a fence that runs the length of the field, after the practices, the rookies and second year guys are told to go up and down the line and sign, some of the vets will join in the same line.

Last year I got Willis, JP, Evans and Moorman all on the same football. I proudly showed it to my family when I got back to New York, and the next day, my dog promptly ate it (she chewed the laces off the ball) Im hoping to get up again and try to get a new ball signed by the same guys.....

Good luck. That's all I gotta say. :doh:

When Gregg was here, he made the veterans sign autographs everyday. it was great. i walked out of camp almost everyday with a ton of autographs. Mularkey is not strict like that. But you can still get a bunch of players. Certain players (Bledsoe, Moulds, Henry, Spikes, Fletcher, Adams, Clements, McGahee, and Josh Reed) were very hard to get last year. They hardly ever stopped at the fence and because it's the same moronic kids pestering them, they didn't stop at the bus stop either. If you do hang at the ropes, by the bus stop...be courteous and figure out who the player is before you call the wrong name. If you don't call them over or try to be nice, then they won't come over. but when you are nice and those annoying little brats aren't there, the players happily stop by to sign a few before they head inside the dorm area for lunch.

Oh and I suggest you hang with #89, or Lori.  They know how to get the players over and are always very nice to them, so more stop by.

384420[/snapback]

Gee thanks Mike

I don't think I'm going too many times this year.

Good luck.  That's all I gotta say.  ;)

When Gregg was here, he made the veterans sign autographs everyday.  it was great.  i walked out of camp almost everyday with a ton of autographs.  Mularkey is not strict like that.  But you can still get a bunch of players.  Certain players (Bledsoe, Moulds, Henry, Spikes, Fletcher, Adams, Clements, McGahee, and Josh Reed) were very hard to get last year.  They hardly ever stopped at the fence and because it's the same moronic kids pestering them, they didn't stop at the bus stop either.  If you do hang at the ropes, by the bus stop...be courteous and figure out who the player is before you call the wrong name.  If you don't call them over or try to be nice, then they won't come over.  but when you are nice and those annoying little brats aren't there, the players happily stop by to sign a few before they head inside the dorm area for lunch.

384417[/snapback]

Thanks for the advice. Any suggestions on what are better days when "annoying little brats" are not there?

Thanks for the advice.  Any suggestions on what are better days when "annoying little brats" are not there?

384927[/snapback]

They are there all the times. Hopefully, they'll have jobs and won't be there this year or maybe they'll finally get kicked out. lol. But I dont know.

Gee thanks Mike

I don't think I'm going too many times this year.

384923[/snapback]

Why is that? :w00t:;)

you gotta go! The players love you, plus it's fun to stand next to you and chat when we get squished against the fence. lol

[Guffalo,Jul 18 2005, 01:23 PM]

Camp is free, parking is 1 dollar.

Actually parking is free the shuttle bus is a dollar. :lol:

Autographs can be gotten a few ways.

At the end of each session, there are a few players who are obligated to sign stuff at the tents, they do this for about 20 minutes. The player selected may be a veteran (when I was there last year it was Pat Williams).

Are these the kids tents? You have to line up here early, um, and with a kid! :doh:

There is also a fence that runs the length of the field, after the practices, the rookies and second year guys are told to go up and down the line and sign, some of the vets will join in the same line.

Last year I got Willis, JP, Evans and Moorman all on the same football. I proudly showed it to my family when I got back to New York, and the next day, my dog promptly ate it (she chewed the laces off the ball) Im hoping to get up again and try to get a new ball signed by the same guys.....

Yes, you can get lucky on the fence sometimes. The best chance to get a name player autograph there is near the white tent. IF you can find a way to get a seat in the VIP area, you have great chances of getting something signed.

I have heard the night games, when you do NEED a ticket, are great for autographs.

As far as watching practice, look for the trailers with the large video cameras. They are generally parked along the field where most of the action is going to be that day.

It will be interesting this year, because I think the Bills are practicing on the new turf, which is where the Bills Experience for kids was, since camp moved to Fisher. If that is true, practice could be viewed from the "stadium" seats. I have to scope that out early to schedule taking the grandkids one day, and another day for Mrs. Rock's Daycare Center (only 6 kids). I have heard they moved it to a parking lot. ;)

So far I have penciled in August 1, 3, 8, 10, 17, and 23rd. I also want to try to get tix to the night practices August 15th and 22nd.

Some camp tips for all:

. Bring bottled water

. Buy a D&C newspaper the 1st day for the souvenir camp guide + Sharpie

. When you first get to camp, pick up a 2005 Bills Yearbook - it is a keeper!

. Print out the Bills roster and carry it in a plastic sleeve (in case it rains) You can copy the roster from bb.com and paste it into a spreadsheet. The roster is sorted BY NAME, so re-sort it by number. Note that when you do this, it takes the "height" and reads it as a "date", so with a little playing you can change June 2 to 6'2". :w00t:

. Bring a bag, with handles, for your stuff!

. Don't expect great bargains on the last day of camp, they stopped doing the 50-60% off sales. :(

If anyone is giving away tickets to the Green Bay Pre-Season game, PM me. 0:)

Sorry about your football. Did you have the dog's teeth removed? :w00t:

They are there all the times.  Hopefully, they'll have jobs and won't be there this year or maybe they'll finally get kicked out.  lol.  But I dont know.

384943[/snapback]

It is only bad when the buses come in with large daycare centers - sometimes 30-40 kids. Most of the time they only raise hell at the Bills Experience where they can run wild.