why travis was not traded to the jags

ch19079

Am I the only one here that thinks that if we believed that Jags are a potential wild card competitor, then we should have sent TH there ? We could then blitz the heck out of the QB and be semi-assured of a win ?  :doh:

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy that the deal is done and I couldn't care a rat's a** who gave us the third round pick.

And on the subject of eating crow, I was in the camp that thought we should get at least a 2nd rounder for him but as his market value started emerging I realized my mistake in over-valuing him.

384583[/snapback]

You are being kind FiC, and I thank you, but you were a lot closer than me.

I think that this trade was a major coup by TD and perhaps it will be a piece in the puzzle that pushes the Buffalo Bills Football Team to the next level.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's funny to read how bitter the Jags media is now. To hear them say TD didn't want to trade them Henry is utter rot! They are not in our division so WTF could the hold-up be? Easy, they didn't offer what we were asking or wouldn't up the ante either. Let them cry in their milk, the stupid babies.

That just doesn't make sense Bill. Isn't Travis the worst player in NFL history? Wouldn't you MUCH rather have him on the Jags than the Titans if we were fighting the Jags for a playoff spot? Wouldn't that make the Jags one of the worst running teams in NFL history because even though they may be opening huge holes, Travis cannot see them or understand them or get there over his own two feet and would just fall down? Wouldnt the fact of having the worst human on the planet, too, infect their team and lessen their character? Seriously, we should have traded Travis to the Patriots AND given them a #3 pick just to ruin them.

384586[/snapback]

You COULD stop being an ass. I mean, it is possible.

I agree with Fan in Chicago. It is great to have the pick. If you think that having Travis is enough to put the jags over the top, this is fine. I happen to disagree.

I am willing to eat all the crow that I deserve. I was wrong about TH's value. TD was right, as were many on this board. The end result is a better deal than I expected for the Bills. I am thrilled about this.

I guess we will just have to wait and see if TH lights it up in Tenn. I don't think he will, which makes me view the deal as even more of a gem.

You have a tougher time being objective it seems. Tell me, what do YOU expect from TH in 05? Great things? Let us know.

You COULD stop being an ass. I mean, it is possible.

I agree with Fan in Chicago. It is great to have the pick. If you think that having Travis is enough to put the jags over the top, this is fine. I happen to disagree.

I am willing to eat all the crow that I deserve. I was wrong about TH's value. TD was right, as were many on this board. The end result is a better deal than I expected for the Bills. I am thrilled about this.

I guess we will just have to wait and see if TH lights it up in Tenn. I don't think he will, which makes me view the deal as even more of a gem.

You have a tougher time being objective it seems. Tell me, what do YOU expect from TH in 05? Great things? Let us know.

384597[/snapback]

i, for one, appreciate how you have taken responsibility for your earlier comments with respect to TH's trade value. i hope you will be eating some more crow with respect to how JP performs for the bills. :doh:

my expectations for TH this season? i predict more injury problems for steve mcnair.

I have never heard of a team deciding on a trade offer from 2 different teams based on where they "think" they would end up in the draft the next year.  THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY OF KNOWING how a team will finish.

384323[/snapback]

If I were choosing to trade with the 49ers or the Eagles, I'm pretty confident I could make the trade knowing the 49ers will be picking before the Eagles. The Titans are rebuilding. The Jags are not. When you are choosing between two teams going in opposite directions, you have a pretty good shot of getting right which team will have the better record. Your % may not be 100%, but saying THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY OF KNOWING how a team will finish when narrowing it down to 2 teams is absurd.

Here are the 3 teams that I believe will be bad this year:

Cleveland

San Francisco

Tennessee

I'm pretty confident that I have an absolutely great shot that I can safely predict Jacksonville will be better than any of those 3.

i, for one, appreciate how you have taken responsibility for your earlier comments with respect to TH's trade value.  i hope you will be eating some more crow with respect to how JP performs for the bills.  :doh:

my expectations for TH this season?  i predict more injury problems for steve mcnair.

384599[/snapback]

I am appreciative of your comments. You are correct. I was not thrilled about getting rid of Bledsoe for an untested qb. Certainly, KTD will soon blast me for having any doubt about any Bills player or move by the front office; on a message board, no less.

Check this out....

I am SO thrilled by this trade that I will be more patient with JP. You know why? Because even if JP has a bad year, the Bills will be stocked at draft time. Think about it....an extra (early) 3rd, a compensatory pick, and an early 1st and 2nd; again IF JP loses us games.

No matter how this story unfolds, I will be a Bills fan until they place me in a box. I will be at RWS on 10/16 for the 12th consecutive year, and will continue to do so. I love this football team as well as the community of WNY!

We are all in this together, conflicting opinions notwithstanding, and we owe a lot to SDS and the mods for keeping it together.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am appreciative of your comments. You are correct. I was not thrilled about getting rid of Bledsoe for an untested qb. Certainly, KTD will soon blast me for having any doubt about any Bills player or move by the front office; on a message board, no less.

Check this out....

I am SO thrilled by this trade that I will be more patient with JP. You know why? Because even if JP has a bad year, the Bills will be stocked at draft time. Think about it....an extra (early) 3rd, a compensatory pick, and an early 1st and 2nd; again IF JP loses us games.

No matter how this story unfolds, I will be a Bills fan until they place me in a box. I will be at RWS on 10/16 for the 12th consecutive year, and will continue to do so. I love this football team as well as the community of WNY!

We are all in this together, conflicting opinions notwithstanding, and we owe a lot to SDS and the mods for keeping it together.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

384647[/snapback]

No, I will blast you only when you say things like Travis Henry is a totally worthless player, one of the worst ever, and a horrible waste of a human being and should be cut.