The 'Other' TV Networks

PTS

I've had my DVR for a couple of months now and because of it I have been introduced to channels other than ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, ESPN, etc.

I gotta say that the quality of shows on networks like USA and Sci-Fi is fantastic.

USA does an awesome job with their show programming. I'm hooked on The 4400, Dead Zone and Monk.

I never thought I'd be a Sci-Fi guy but I love the Stargate shows on that channel.

It's nice to see some quality TV shows in the summer other that the reality crap that the major networks spit out.

The 4400 is awesome; last night was great and had me guessing the entire episode (I guessed wrong... On almost every count).

That "10.5" looks like it might be pretty good. The exploding buildings were cool anyway. :w00t:

Battlestar Gallactica was cool for the first couple of episodes, but I havn't had time to watch the rest (they're on the TiVo...) Then again, I still have about 8 episodes of Enterprise to watch as well... :P

CW

The 4400 is awesome; last night was great and had me guessing the entire episode (I guessed wrong... On almost every count).

That "10.5" looks like it might be pretty good.  The exploding buildings were cool anyway. :w00t:

Battlestar Gallactica was cool for the first couple of episodes, but I havn't had time to watch the rest (they're on the TiVo...)  Then again, I still have about 8 episodes of Enterprise to watch as well... :P

CW

383967[/snapback]

Last night's 440 was an utterly brilliantly written episode...i was guessing liek you and the concept behind it was amazing...that episode single handedly put life back into a season that i thought was much weaker than the first season...

I've had my DVR for a couple of months now and because of it I have been introduced to channels other than ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, ESPN, etc.

I gotta say that the quality of shows on networks like USA and Sci-Fi is fantastic.

USA does an awesome job with their show programming. I'm hooked on The 4400, Dead Zone and Monk.

I never thought I'd be a Sci-Fi guy but I love the Stargate shows on that channel.

It's nice to see some quality TV shows in the summer other that the reality crap that the major networks spit out.

383923[/snapback]

if you can...catch SCIFI Mondays... they put on 3 or 4 older Stargate SG1's back to back... this will really help you catch up with the timeline.

Stargate Atlantis is in it's second season and so is Battlestar Galatica...

SciFi Friday has all new episodes for SG1, Atlantis and BG. The season premieres were last Friday...

if you can...catch SCIFI Mondays... they put on 3 or 4 older Stargate SG1's back to back... this will really help you catch up with the timeline.

Stargate Atlantis is in it's second season and so is Battlestar Galatica...

SciFi Friday has all new episodes for SG1, Atlantis and BG.  The season premieres were last Friday...

384375[/snapback]

UGH.

The Stargate series has utterly ruined one of my favorite movies of all time.

BTW the best network out there is HBO.  Almost every show on that network is fresh, original and brilliant.  Curb Your Enthusiasm, Sopranos, Deadwood, Oz, Entourage, Ali G, etc- great network

384423[/snapback]

Agreed. Deadwood is such a fantastic show.

10.5 was a made for TV movie on NBC last year -- so no kudos to the minor networks there.  It was OK, nothing great, typical mediocre network acting/special effects

384478[/snapback]

Oh, so I shouldn't waste my time?

CW

383923[/snapback]

watch a few episodes of the new battlestar galactica. i thaight it would really SUCK. but there is alot of violence and sex. (and alof of hot women to be the last in the universe).

Agreed.  Deadwood is such a fantastic show.

384444[/snapback]

most of the shows on HBO are "fantasitic".

the sopranoes (even though they are re-runs)

deadwood

the cat house :doh:

entorage

even the boxing is good.

UGH.

384422[/snapback]

im gunna sounds like a dork for a sec...

i think it made it even better. expanded on the movie and went in to detail about the aliens. all with McGiver (sp?).

it started off kinda cheezy, but developed in to a more action scifi tv show.

9 seasons is a long time. and is still the highest rated show on that station.

UGH.

384422[/snapback]

did you watch the season premiere? it looked like they're gonna turn it into Farscape SG1 :lol:

i'm still gonna give it a fair chance tho as i've enjoyed SG1 for some time. Atlantis didn't really get my attention last season and was just filler between SG1 and BSG

Boomer Cylon Babe = hottie :doh: