Titans say deal not done

Dan III

Titans say Henry not done deal

By Associated Press

July 18, 2005

NASHVILLE - The Tennessee Titans said Sunday they are still negotiating with the Buffalo Bills for running back Travis Henry. ESPN's web site reported Saturday that a deal had been worked out in principle to send Henry to the Titans.

However, Titans' general manager Floyd Reese said through a spokesman Sunday, "It is still an ongoing process." He said no terms have been reached for a trade or for a contract extension.

Henry, a former Tennessee Vol, had been a starter since his rookie season in 2001 and was coming off consecutive 1,300-yard rushing seasons before being relegated to a backup last October. He has one year left on his original contract and wants a contract extension wherever he lands.

The Titans need a capable alternative to two-year veteran Chris Brown who hasn't played a complete season because of injuries.

kffl is reporting it now as well

Titans | Reese Says Henry Deal not Completed

Sun, 17 Jul 2005 23:16:13 -0700

The Knoxville News Sentinel, citing the Associated Press, reports Tennessee Titans general manager Floyd Reese said through a spokesperson Sunday, July 17, a trade for Buffalo Bills RB Travis Henry is not completed. "It is still an ongoing process," the spokesperson said. He said no terms have been reached for a trade or for a contract extension. Henry has one year left on his original contract and wants a contract extension wherever he lands.

Probably last minute posturing by the Titans to show that they did not

cave in from their original demands of givin up a 4th rounder....

If it is a done deal, bring on Verba.....sign him to a incentive laden

cap friendly contract for 2 to 3 years...

Whatever the papers and the Titans are saying I think you can put this one down as done. There will be some minor details - but I think you'll see by 3pm today that it's a #3 to Buffalo and TH to Tennessee.

383976[/snapback]

O.K. Nick, I'll bite: What is so magical about 3 pm today? Just something "in your bones" or do you actually know something?

I don't know about you but if the Bills complete the trade AND THEN sign Verba, I will have completed a total turnaround evaluation of the offseason (from "most boring" to "exciting")

Let the game begin!

Is it Sunday Yet?

WINGS!!!!

(the top three chants of the week at "Bills Central" - Home of the CNJBBB)

O.K. Nick, I'll bite: What is so magical about 3 pm today? Just something "in your bones" or do you actually know something?

I don't know about you but if the Bills  complete the trade AND THEN sign Verba, I will have completed a total turnaround evaluation of the offseason (from "most boring" to "exciting")

383986[/snapback]

Well - I figure it won't happen this morning, so factor in Lunch (so say 2pm earliest). But they won;t want to let it slide too late so as to give TV a good time to put a package together and get interviews and enough time for the Tenn and Buff newspapers put together big editorials about it... So I figure 3pm is when they will do it...

Agreed - if we sign Verba - I think the additions and subractions we made this offseason add up to the Playoffs.

The Tennessee paper this morning linked on front page said that Floyd Reese always says things like that when news comes out in the news before his personal schedule. It's a done deal. The papers were filed with the league. Unless the league doesn't like something about the trade, which is nearly impossible with this one.