Henry a "feature back" in Tenn.?

Wiz

If Chris Brown can learn to stay healthy, he can be a very good back:

Chris Brown stats:

-- RUSHING -- -- RECEIVING --

YEAR ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG

2004 220 1067 4.9 52 6 20 147 7.4 21

What if Brown outplays Henry in camp and earns the starting role? Will Henry whine again? Either way, I can't see the Titans just benching their thousand yard back and giving Henry all the carries.

Travis is better than Chris Brown because he has shown how durable he is. Mark my words travis will be back to the pro bowl in the next two years. He was a steal for the titans and is going to make TD wish he got better than a third rounder.

Why wasn't this a conditional pick then?

383467[/snapback]

Exactly, they could have gotten more for travis. Henry could not afford to sit out for a year. I mean literally afford it, he is broke. Henry would have come to camp and put on a good show until another team became desperate for a starter. Then Td could have traded Travis for a better pick.

I just heard Chris Landry on FOX SPORTS radio. He is as good, if not better, than most of the NFL "insiders". He spent a long time as a scout for the Oilers/Titans organization, and still has lots of good info on the Titans. He indicated that many in the Titans organization are not too pleased with Brown, from a durabilty, and an attitude standpoint. Also, he said that Travis is much more the style of back that Fisher is comfortable with (someone who can fight for an important yard or two), as opposed to Brown, who has more breakaway speed (or maybe "had" more before the injury) than Travis, but is not a very good pounder. Landrey says that Henry will likely be given every opportunity to earn the starting job, and Brown could be the odd man out....would anyone trade a third rounder for Chris Brown? He is coming off an 1100 yard season....

Exactly, they could have gotten more for travis.  Henry could not afford to sit out for a year.  I mean literally afford it, he is broke.  Henry would have come to camp and put on a good show until another team became desperate for a starter.  Then Td could have traded Travis for a better pick.

383470[/snapback]

I'm all for holding your cards as long as you can, but TD had three options:

1) He could hold out for a second by waiting for someone to get hurt.

2) He could trade Henry now, get a third, and lose a guy who is unhappy.

3) He could hold his line with Henry, which means Henry would have to show (or he'd have no audition tape), and this is what greets JP when he shows up to meeet with his team.

No brainer. If you're TD, you take #2.

It is very possible that henry was a steal for the Titans AND the Bills got a very good trade for him. They are not necessarily mutually exclusive. You don't know what a player is going to do.

Foresight is 50-50.

383501[/snapback]

Yep.

Cincy peddled Dillon to NE for a #2; they then drafted FS Madeiu Williams.

383455[/snapback]

I don't think he can. That upright running style of his means he will pick up yards but he is going to have real problems staying healthy. Henry, I think, will give them more reliability.

Chris Brown stats:

-- RUSHING -- -- RECEIVING --

YEAR ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG

2004 220 1067 4.9    52  6  20  147  7.4  21 

What if Brown outplays Henry in camp and earns the starting role?  Will Henry whine again?  Either way, I can't see the Titans just benching their thousand yard back and giving Henry all the carries.

383455[/snapback]

So very true. But he won't have to play there if Brown stays healthy and produces. And that's considering that Travis has a good year too. He will be a free agent and can make whatever demands on his next contract.

I just heard Chris Landry on FOX SPORTS radio.  He is as good, if not better, than most of the NFL "insiders".  He spent a long time as a scout for the Oilers/Titans organization, and still has lots of good info on the Titans.  He indicated that many in the Titans organization are not too pleased with Brown, from a durabilty, and an attitude standpoint.  Also, he said that Travis is much more the style of back that Fisher is comfortable with (someone who can fight for an important yard or two), as opposed to Brown, who has more breakaway speed (or maybe "had" more before the injury) than Travis, but is not a very good pounder.  Landrey says that Henry will likely be given every opportunity to earn the starting job, and Brown could be the odd man out....would anyone trade a third rounder for Chris Brown?  He is coming off an 1100 yard season....

383484[/snapback]

Nope, one year doesn't make a career and he's injury prone. At least Travis nearly rushed for a 1000 yard average in his career with the Bills. And played hurt too!

Don't forget the $ factor. Travis was popular at Tennessee. He will fill a lot of seats for the Titans, especially when they are likely to have a less than exciting, rebuilding year. I don't think they will regret the trade, and we did OK too. Win-win.