Good luck, Travis

Yeah, you moaned and bitched the last year or so (as I bet 90% of the people here in the same situation would have too, probably much worse, in fact). Yeah, you can't pass block for shitt. Yeah, you had small hands and dropped some balls and some passes you should have held. Yeah, you're not an Academic-All American. Yeah, Willis is a lot better all around than you.

But you busted your ass for the Bills for the most part. You got the crap beat out of you and never gave up. You were virtually the only bright spot on offense on a dismal 2003 season. You gave us a lot of hightlight runs and broke a tremendous amount of tackles and were a warrior. I personally hope you tear it up in Tennessee and have a long, great career.

I also hope you severely sprain an ankle if you ever play the Bills or we need the Titans to lose a game for a playoff win or spot.

I agree. For as much as we hated the guy for fumbling, pass blocking, catching, bi+ching, and for being an all around moron, he delivered in the running and heart department. I think we tend to overlook the fact that the guy ran for 1300 yards with a broken leg and ribs. Say what you want, but travis henry still is a GREAT first and second down back. He had a really terrible year last year, but who knows what that was from. Just as i expect bledsoe to throw about 2500 yards before week 9, i expect travis to get his 1000 by about week 10. Good luck, and i wish you luck attempting to make it out of the backfield in next year's bills/titans wildcard playoff game.

I also hope you severely sprain an ankle if you ever play the Bills or we need the Titans to lose a game for a playoff win or spot.

383261[/snapback]

I agree Kelly. Good luck Travis.

I, however, have a little different take on the last sentence, I hope Travis is in the line-up if we ever play the Titans, because:

1) Chris Brown scares me more with his speed

2) Travis will miss a critical block, trip or fumble at the most inopportune time for the Titans

I love his toughness, I loved him as a gamer, but in the clutch--Travis rarely delivered. In 12 games, Willis gave us last year what Travis couldn't in three and a half years.

Good luck #20...

Yeah, you moaned and bitched the last year or so (as I bet 90% of the people here in the same situation would have too, probably much worse, in fact). Yeah, you can't pass block for shitt. Yeah, you had small hands and dropped some balls and some passes you should have held. Yeah, you're not an Academic-All American. Yeah, Willis is a lot better all around than you.

But you busted your ass for the Bills for the most part. You got the crap beat out of you and never gave up. You were virtually the only bright spot on offense on a dismal 2003 season. You gave us a lot of hightlight runs and broke a tremendous amount of tackles and were a warrior. I personally hope you tear it up in Tennessee and have a long, great career.

383261[/snapback]

Very nice post, my sentiments exactly.

Good luck TH!

Good Luck Travis!

One quick story ...Last year at training camp, with all the BS about McGahee pushing him for the starting job and all the nonsense, After the autographs were done, players were all back in the locker room, some were hanging near the dorm but not going near the fans, cause they had already done their time on the autograph line. Travis walked over near the inflatable archway, and just started signing anything that came over the fence, really classy move for a guy who was under a lot of scrutiny and media. No cameras around, no publicity, he did it cause he really wanted to do it for the kids that were waiting there. Class Guy

Good Luck Travis, I hope you do well, (at least until you suit up against us)

Hell, I hope he fumbles 3 times a game and makes the Bills look really smart for dumping him!

SEE YA Travis............

I think Travis made our o-line look worse than it is. He never really could wait until a hole opened.

I also wish him well. His play in the 2002 season when he earned his Pro Bowl reserve berth with tremendous running (1400+ yards), very good pass catching (40+ recepti9ons) lost fumbles a bit too much (a problem he solved the next year as his fumbles lost # dropped a lot), and improved the usual first year problems that most folks (including WM) had with blitz pick-up was great to root for.

He ended up being less than the player we wanted as he pouted silently during the 03 and 04 seasons (rather than becoming a cancer though some ignore the difference) after the Bills jumped on the WM opportunity (obviously a great choice by TD who believed in the Bills' docs and WM has comeback to prove them right and he still got the DE most of us had targeted for the 1st round pick with our #2).

However, TH was a productive RB for the Bills and I hope he can do this for the Titans in a way that beats Bills opponents and does not reflect his horrible misocal tastes, dumb fiscal management and getting fooled by juvenile girls who say they are older.

these later issues have nothing to do with football, so I am happy to wish him well as a football player and hope as a human being he gets his act together and stays out of jail.

Finally, a good post that shows REAL Bills fans. The guy played hard for us and was a warrior. He got a raw deal and God forbid, he complained. I'm glad it's all over and I hope things work out for both teams (as long as the Bills don't play the Titans).

Finally, a good post that shows REAL Bills fans.  The guy played hard for us and was a warrior.  He got a raw deal and God forbid, he complained.  I'm glad it's all over and I hope things work out for both teams (as long as the Bills don't play the Titans).

383333[/snapback]

I'[d love to face Henry. You know our D would be going after that ball every time!

Cough it up Henry! :rolleyes:

Man, you people are a bunch of saps...

Trais could give two ***** about the city of Buffalo. To somewhat quote Major league:

"Who gives a sh--, he's gone."

383336[/snapback]

He coughed up the ball more than madonna had shots in her mouth.

I mean shots of liquor. :rolleyes:

But you busted your ass for the Bills for the most part. You got the crap beat out of you and never gave up. You were virtually the only bright spot on offense on a dismal 2003 season. You gave us a lot of hightlight runs and broke a tremendous amount of tackles and were a warrior.

383261[/snapback]

This really hits the nail on the head where Travis is concerned. I was a Henry fan from the first time I got to see him play because of his sheer power and attitude. Playing hurt seems to be the exception more than the rule anymore, and you have to appreciate that about him.

I know he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, and I know he's made some significant mistakes in his personal life, but the reality is I've never had to hold a conversation with him, I never had to loan him money and I never had to go out clubbing with him. I just had to watch him play, and in that he did much more good than bad. At a point when the team needed someone to step up, he did...injury and all. We still sucked, but he stepped up.

This really hits the nail on the head where Travis is concerned. I was a Henry fan from the first time I got to see him play because of his sheer power and attitude. Playing hurt seems to be the exception more than the rule anymore, and you have to appreciate that about him.

I know he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, and I know he's made some significant mistakes in his personal life, but the reality is I've never had to hold a conversation with him, I never had to loan him money and I never had to go out clubbing with him. I just had to watch him play, and in that he did much more good than bad. At a point when the team needed someone to step up, he did...injury and all. We still sucked, but he stepped up.

383339[/snapback]

Well said. I don't like the way he's handled his "situation" since the end of last season but I wish him no ill will. Time to turn the page and move on...as with all Bills players who tried their best, I thank him.

Man, you people are a bunch of saps...

Trais could give two ***** about the city of Buffalo. To somewhat quote Major league:

"Who gives a sh--, he's gone."

383336[/snapback]

You mean like the Bills gave two sh#ts about Henry? You just had a Pro Bowl season. He's your reward - a rb drafted in the first round. On a team that was a borderline playoff team, you draft a player who can't help you. Now, I think it was a ballsy but good move by TD. But that just showed Henry it was a business. He grew up as a Bills fan, played on a partially fractured leg, on an awful offense with a suspect line, a washed up QB, and no legit playmakers (Moulds was hurt). He was a warrior and played his heart out.

Could he have handle the situation better? Yes, he could of. But did TD care about Henry when he drafted McGahee? No. But you what it worked out and the Bills can move on and Henry will get his chance.

As for being saps, we're actually just Bills fans who appreciate a guy who was a solid player who played hard. We choose not to throw childish shots about their personal life and how dumb people perceive they are. It's called having a little class. That's what makes Bills' fans the best in the league. Unfortunately, some choose to go the other route and make all the rest look bad. And this isn't just meant for you. As much as we all love Willis, I can already see when his contract is up how much trashing of him there will be. Athletes are everyday people who happen to be in the spotlight. They make mistakes like us all. But I chose to remember the mostly good Henry did for this team. Sorry for the rant but I'm just sick of the the trashing of the guy. He is gone and the Bills receive compensation. So grow up and show some class. We're talking proud. :rolleyes: