TD never wanted to trade with Jax, IMO

Making a judgment on whether a team is going to be a tougher competitor for you for an SB bert in the playoffs sounds like a bit too much gameplanning to have this be  the issue which determines who you want as a trade partner or whether you make a trade or not.  There are simply too many variables (will Jax make the playoffs in '05, is a stronger Jax a benefit for the Bills because they can beat an opponent of ours at a critical time or a problem for us because it is going to come down to Buffalo or Jax again among competition for the last playoff spot, will the Bills be a contender for the SB this year?) that can go various ways to make a judgement based on this issue.

The extent to which Jax is a contender is a real issue, but it is one which seems best considered in terms of them almost certainly posting a .500 or better record and TN almost certainly posting a .500 or less record so a 3rd round TN choice likely needs a 2nd round Jax choice to equal or better it.

I think decision will logically be made on this comparison sice it seems to be the reality rather than a fantasy league what if consideration driving TDs approach to perspective partners.

383242[/snapback]

I completely agree with you on this one. I've read about 4 posts on this and find it to be an absurd theory.

I could explain further, but if you've been following the NFL for the last 10 years.....

Lets just say TD didn't chose his trade partner based on last year's wildcard picture.

It's not quite as dumb as the theory of "The Bills drafted McGahee because they saw that he was on the phone" but it's pretty dumb.

Who cares about wild cards anyway? Win the division.