TD never wanted to trade with Jax, IMO

Based on the way the season ended with Jax and Buf in the playoff hunt, I would be willing to bet he just used Jax as leverage.

I think adding Travis Henry would have definitely helped the Jags. Fred Taylor is great when healthy, but he never seems to stay healthy. Having Henry would have been great insurance. Jax has big questions at rb.

TD got the deal he wanted.

Too bad for Jax. Snooze you lose.

Anyone else think he never had any intentions of sending him to Jax?

Based on the way the season ended with Jax and Buf in the playoff hunt, I would be willing to bet he just used Jax as leverage. 

I think adding Travis Henry would have definitely helped the Jags.  Fred Taylor is great when healthy, but he never seems to stay healthy.  Having Henry would have been great insurance.  Jax has big questions at rb. 

Too bad for Jax.  Snooze you lose. 

383177[/snapback]

I do. Simply because they didn't come up with the offer TD wanted until it was too late. If Jax offered a #2 and Tennessee a #3 I would guarantee that TD would have traded him to the Jags. By the time the jags offered a #3, TN had already offered that, and a #3 from TN is worth more than a #3 from Jax.

I think adding Travis Henry would have definitely helped the Jags.  Fred Taylor is great when healthy, but he never seems to stay healthy.  Having Henry would have been great insurance.  Jax has big questions at rb. 

383177[/snapback]

I think once a non-contender like Tenn. got involved, Jax would have had to offer a 2nd and a 5th, or a 1st straight up. You would prefer NOT to make a rival better if you can help it.

PTR

Thinking about it more, a conditional 2nd from Jax is subject to too much chance. I'd have to think it would require Travis to rush for 1400 yard and score 10 TD's, and if Taylor is healthy at all, or Travis unhealthy at all, this season, those goals don't get reached, and the Bills end up with a lower 3rd round pick.

I do. Simply because they didn't come up with the offer TD wanted until it was too late. If Jax offered a #2 and Tennessee a #3 I would guarantee that TD would have traded him to the Jags. By the time the jags offered a #3, TN had already offered that, and a #3 from TN is worth more than a #3 from Jax.

383179[/snapback]

I disagree. A 2nd from Jax may only be 10 picks better than a 3rd from Tenn. That's not enough difference to risk giving a rival contender a key player. Jax would have had to offer a #1, or a #2 plus more picks or playerss.

PTR

383179[/snapback]

:lol:

I disagree.  A 2nd from Jax may only be 10 picks better than a 3rd from Tenn.  That's not enough difference to risk giving a rival contender a key player.  Jax would have had to offer a #1, or a #2 plus more picks or playerss.

PTR

383189[/snapback]

Possibly. It's tough to tell. I take back the "guarantee" part of my post, but I still believe he takes the Jag #2 over a TN#3. I would. There are too many variables. Frankly, I think the Jags are overrated. I am not sold on Del Rio or their defense or Leftwich for that matter, although I think he is good. They will likely contend for a playoff spot but I wouldn't doubt if they were 8-8 this year. Fisher is a damn good coach and it's possible the Titans win 6-7 games. I think you take the #2.

Possibly. It's tough to tell. I take back the "guarantee" part of my post, but I still believe he takes the Jag #2 over a TN#3. I would. There are too many variables. Frankly, I think the Jags are overrated. I am not sold on Del Rio or their defense or Leftwich for that matter, although I think he is good. They will likely contend for a playoff spot but I wouldn't doubt if they were 8-8 this year. Fisher is a damn good coach and it's possible the Titans win 6-7 games. I think you take the #2.

383200[/snapback]

Really anything is possible. Tenn could be a playoff team for all we know, and J could lose 13 games.

PTR

You don't think if a month ago the Jags called and said we'll give you a #2 pick for Travis Henry that TD wouldn't have jumped at the offer?

383209[/snapback]

I'd have to agree with that. That's why it's hard to say what someone would or wouln't do.

PTR

383177[/snapback]

Well they were stupid enough to believe that he wasn't worthy for a 3 rounder. :rolleyes:

Other crappy teams have thrown away a 1st on mediocrity! Idiots!!

You don't think if a month ago the Jags called and said we'll give you a #2 pick for Travis Henry that TD wouldn't have jumped at the offer?

383209[/snapback]

A month ago yes, but then the circumstances would have been different. For starters, he would have gotten the deal he supposedly was asking for from the beginning.

When it came down to two teams, one of which was a huge contender last year for the wildcard, I think the choice was pretty obvious.

My point is that when it was coming down the stretch between jax and ten Donahoe would have had to been blown away by a deal to send him to jax.

A month ago yes, but then the circumstances would have been different.  For starters, he would have gotten the deal he supposedly was asking for from the beginning. 

When it came down to two teams, one of which was a huge contender last year for the wildcard, I think the choice was pretty obvious. 

My point is that when it was coming down the stretch between jax and ten Donahoe would have had to been blown away by a deal to send him to jax.

383225[/snapback]

Well of course between these two teams offering the same deal it's pretty obvious. You postulated that TD was just using Jax and had no intention of making a deal with them. I postulated that he only didn't make a deal with them because they didn't meet his offer. He may well have taken a #3 from Jax a month ago, because that is what he wanted. When it became clear that 2-3 teams wanted him, they would have to beat the other teams offers. Finally, thursday or friday, the Titans offered the #3. Then Jax did. I am saying that TD just was looking for the best offer, and had all intentions of trading him to Jax if they met it.

Making a judgment on whether a team is going to be a tougher competitor for you for an SB bert in the playoffs sounds like a bit too much gameplanning to have this be the issue which determines who you want as a trade partner or whether you make a trade or not. There are simply too many variables (will Jax make the playoffs in '05, is a stronger Jax a benefit for the Bills because they can beat an opponent of ours at a critical time or a problem for us because it is going to come down to Buffalo or Jax again among competition for the last playoff spot, will the Bills be a contender for the SB this year?) that can go various ways to make a judgement based on this issue.

The extent to which Jax is a contender is a real issue, but it is one which seems best considered in terms of them almost certainly posting a .500 or better record and TN almost certainly posting a .500 or less record so a 3rd round TN choice likely needs a 2nd round Jax choice to equal or better it.

I think decision will logically be made on this comparison sice it seems to be the reality rather than a fantasy league what if consideration driving TDs approach to perspective partners.

Well of course between these two teams offering the same deal it's pretty obvious. You postulated that TD was just using Jax and had no intention of making a deal with them. I postulated that he only didn't make a deal with them because they didn't meet his offer. He may well have taken a #3 from Jax a month ago, because that is what he wanted. When it became clear that 2-3 teams wanted him, they would have to beat the other teams offers. Finally, thursday or friday, the Titans offered the #3. Then Jax did. I am saying that TD just was looking for the best offer, and had all intentions of trading him to Jax if they met it.

383236[/snapback]

I think that even if the trade was marginally better for the bills via Jax he still would have went with the Titans. There is no way to tell if i'm right or wrong, I just think TD is a smart gm. Trading to a team that stands in your way of a playoff birth doesn't make any sense.

I agree to disagree

383177[/snapback]

I can't say. All I know is he tried his damndest to get the best deal out there. Tenn must've been it. We'll know for sure in the coming week. Stay tuned...........

We should of..

We could of...

Why didn't we.....

FUGGIN WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He didn't want to be here and the rest of the league wasn't exactly beating the door down to get him. We got a 3rd. Could it of been different in another year? Sure. However, this is the deal.

Let's push things forward rather than dwelling. The player that replaced him is better. Maybe that 3rd will yield us a player, maybe not. It will however be of much more value than a disgruntled, back up locker room cancer.

Now, let's see what Verba will settle for. Or if we can get N. Clements resigned. Just let go of Travis Henry and all of the drama that he has been this offseason.

It's over.