Props for TD

Time to give the man his due. How many fellow TBD posters were frantic for the last year, especially around draft time when the Bills did not trade TH? How many "experts" in the media proclaimed TD "blew it?"

While I'm sure a few will feel we desrved 3 first-rounders for TH, I think TD proved once a again his cool in the big poker game of NFL personnel. A lesser GM would have caved to the pressure to make any deal for the sake of making it.

No GM is perfect, but I think Tom Donahoe makes many more good moves than bad.

PTR

Time to give the man his due.  How many fellow TBD posters were frantic for the last year, especially around draft time when the Bills did not trade TH?  How many "experts" in the media proclaimed TD "blew it?"

While I'm sure a few will feel we desrved 3 first-rounders for TH, I think TD proved once a again his cool in the big poker game of NFL personnel.  A lesser GM would have caved to the pressure to make any deal for the sake of making it.

PTR

383168[/snapback]

The Bills will cut Travis before this trade ever happens. Mark my words.

Time to give the man his due.  How many fellow TBD posters were frantic for the last year, especially around draft time when the Bills did not trade TH?  How many "experts" in the media proclaimed TD "blew it?"

While I'm sure a few will feel we desrved 3 first-rounders for TH, I think TD proved once a again his cool in the big poker game of NFL personnel.  A lesser GM would have caved to the pressure to make any deal for the sake of making it.

PTR

383168[/snapback]

JOHN CLAYTON, SUCK A FAT ONE

I think TD got what he wanted in the first place. Now, instead of trading travis for an underachieving fat slob of a LT in arizona, he gets another draft pick next year. I just hope that the 3rd rounder could bump to a 2nd rounder based on performance. I haven't read if that's the case yet. Either way, i'd take a high 3rd rounder for a RB who's intelligence rivals a concrete slab.

You obviously haven't looked at Donahoe's win-loss record, Promo, or you wouldn't be so fast to give props.

We lose. That's all that matters. We just freakin' lose, and the simple fact that TD once again fooled the pundits by getting what he wanted for a player, he is still a crappy GM because we just can't win.

Let me know when he fields a winner. :lol::lol::lol:

You obviously haven't looked at Donahoe's win-loss record, Promo, or you wouldn't be so fast to give props.

We lose. That's all that matters. We just freakin' lose, and the simple fact that TD once again fooled the pundits by getting what he wanted for a player, he is still a crappy GM because we just can't win.

Let me know when he fields a winner. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

383194[/snapback]

There will be room on the bandwagon when you're ready to climb aboard.

PTR

PTR

383168[/snapback]

I was a little disappointed that we didn't get an '05 pick..but as I look at it--the 06 draft is rated deeper and a top 100 pick can be leveraged to get a player or move up in the first or second round and grab a player the team covets--this was a really good job. Another case where patience pays off.

Just FYI--here are the first 10 picks in the third round from the last three drafts:

1(65) Cincinnati KELLEY WASHINGTON WR TENNESSEE

2(66) Detroit CORY REDDING DE TEXAS

3(67) Houston ANTWAN PEEK DE CINCINNATI

4(68) Chicago LANCE BRIGGS LILB ARIZONA

5(69) Dallas JASON WITTEN TE TENNESSEE

6(70) Arizona GERALD HAYES MLB PITTSBURGH

7(71) Minnesota NATE BURLESON WR NEVADA-RENO

8(72) Jacksonville VINCE MANUWAI OG HAWAII

9(73) Seattle WAYNE HUNTER OT HAWAII

10(74) St. Louis KEVIN CURTIS WR UTAH STATE

1(64) Arizona DARNELL DOCKETT DT FLORIDA STATE

2(65) San Diego (from NY Giants) NATE KAEDING K IOWA

3(66) San Diego NICK HARDWICK C PURDUE

4(67) Oakland STUART SCHWEIGERT S PURDUE

5(68) Indianapolis (from Cleveland) BEN HARTSOCK TE OHIO STATE

6(69) Indianapolis (from Atlanta) GILBERT GARDNER OLB PURDUE

7(70) Green Bay (from Jacksonville) JOEY THOMAS CB MONTANA STATE

8(71) Tennessee (from Houston) RANDY STARKS DT MARYLAND

9(72) Green Bay (from Washington through Jacksonville) DONNELL WASHINGTON DT CLEMSON

10(73) Detroit KEITH SMITH CB MCNEESE STATE

11(74) Buffalo TIM ANDERSON DT OHIO STATE

ROUND 3

# Sel# Team Player Pos. Ht. Wt. School

1 65 San Francisco Gore, Frank RB 5-9 217 Miami (Fla.)

2 66 St. Louis (from Miami) Atogwe, Oshiomogho FS 5-11 203 Stanford

3 67 Cleveland Frye, Charlie QB 6-4 217 Akron

4 68 Tennessee Roby, Courtney WR 6-0 189 Indiana

5 69 Oakland Walter, Andrew QB 6-5 234 Arizona State

6 70 Miami (from Chicago) Crowder, Channing ILB 6-2 247 Florida

7 71 Tampa Bay Smith, Alex TE 6-4 258 Stanford

8 72 Detroit Wilson, Stanley CB 5-11 189 Stanford

9 73 Houston (from Dallas) Morency, Vernand RB 5-9 212 Oklahoma State

10 74 N.Y. Giants Tuck, Justin DE 6-5 256 Notre Dame

383194[/snapback]

We're losers? :lol:

Damn.

I'd give TD a B+ for this offseason, and that's only because it's not over, and because I don't know what they know about the O-line, talks with Verba, our TE injury situation, the readiness of the DT's to replace PW, and our status with Clements and Moulds contracts.

That B+ could be as high as an A+ by Game 4!

PTR

383168[/snapback]

And don't forget some on this board proclaimed him not as a worthy trade prospect and was pretty much scum of the Earth too!

I wonder where these geniuses are right now?

I'd give TD a B+ for this offseason, and that's only because it's not over, and because I don't know what they know about the O-line, talks with Verba, our TE injury situation, the readiness of the DT's to replace PW, and our status with Clements and Moulds contracts.

383215[/snapback]

Dumping Drew is worth an A+ all by itself,

any other positive moves are just icing on the cake,

while a couple negative moves (ie PW leaving) can't change that grade.

Let me know when he fields a winner. :rolleyes:  :P  :doh:

383194[/snapback]

2001 3-13

2002 8-8

2003 6-10

2004 9-7

total 26-38

I'll give you that we were losers from 2001-2003 with gregg williams. But things seem to be turning around. You're right that the bills are losers with TD, but that's just cause MM and co. have only put in a year.

383215[/snapback]

I give TD an incomplete. He did some good things in the draft, like selecting parrish to compliment reed, dumped phat pat and jennings to save cap space, drafted everett, and traded henry. I will be able to grade TD on this offseason after parrish has played a few games and everett is back from his injury. We'll also see how the defense holds up without williams, or if the left side of the line takes a hit. I do not think TD is done with the o line personnel though.

i like the trade iand i have never had a problem with td.he came into a cap mess and even though it didnt work out with his 1st coach and drew we had no qb at all at the time.my only problem is..............i would have liked a 2nd round choice for travis being that we drafted travis in the 2nd round.i also understand we are fotunate to get a 3rd for a guy who even though racked up the yardage was not a winner and could not pick up a blitz.all in all i am very happy this is over now td needs to take that 1.25 million extra we have now and show nate some love!go bills in '05