Travis to the Titans

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=2109498

Bills will get a 3rd rounder.

The Jags DID offer a 3rd rounder as well...looks like TD figured that helping out the Jags + the likelyhood of the Titans crapping out this season made it more appealing to send him to the Titans.

Makes sense...if both are offering the same deal, take the 3rd rounder from the team that might finish bottom 5 in the NFL.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=2109498

Bills will get a 3rd rounder.

383158[/snapback]

It just makes sense. The Jags didn't pony up. No one was willing to go further, like add a conditional second. They both wanted to make the deal and offered what the Bills were asking, and the Bills thought the Titans #3 would be a better pick than the Jags#3, plus the Jags are more likely a contender. Its as simple as that. TD didn't get the #2 he was (allegedly) seeking but got a fair deal in the end. Close to a #2. Again, I think the pick will be about #70.

I was hoping that the Titans would step up as I'd rather keep him out of Jax.  I wonder if anyone will fess up that they thought TD screwed up by not trading him at the draft.

383159[/snapback]

Pro Football Talk claimed that the Bills would just release Travis and would never even get a 7th rounder after the Draft. They then spent a good week blasting TD for being greedy and not taking the 4th rounder when it was offered on the draft weekend.

Whoops!

:lol:

PFT claimed that the Bills would just release Travis and would never even get a 7th rounder after the Draft.  They then spent a good week blasting TD for being greedy and not taking the 4th rounder when it was offered on the draft weekend.

Whoops!

:lol:

383163[/snapback]

Well, to be fair, ProFootballTalk gets their scoops directly from The Bills. VABills and Bill from NYC.

I was hoping that the Titans would step up as I'd rather keep him out of Jax.  I wonder if anyone will fess up that they thought TD screwed up by not trading him at the draft.

383159[/snapback]

they owe TD a huge apology. Dumbasses. I love being on the right side of this. I always said he was doing the right thing by taking his time. The balloonheads were all saying he waited too long, and he should have accepted the 4th and 5th rounders others were throwing at him.

Ha!!!!!

What I like most about this deal was that TD didnt let those Jags negotations throw him off. So the Jaguars were further along in negotiations with Henry's agent...big whoop. If they were both offering the same deal, TD was smart to take the pick from a team that could bottom out this year.

It's finally over.  Hindsight is always 20/20 and the nay sayers will say we should have traded him earlier or not at all. 

Good value for a disgruntled back. 

Good luck travis.

383165[/snapback]

In this case, you don't need hindsight. The bills got a great trade for henry based on what was offered before today. arizona for a fat slob??? a 4-5 round pick? i'll take a high 3rd rounder anyday. Good things come to those who wait.

Great.

Congratulations TD and your hard-working staff.

Questions for the peanut gallery:

Now if Willis goes down who's going to be tossed into the huddle?

Who you think TD's gonna pick with this # 75th spot next Spring?

How is this going to help this year?

Will the #75 guy from next year be that much better than the #125 guy this year?

Sorry to burst the euphoria, but I for one am sick of future draft picks.

Oh, that's right. We're sitting pretty with Willis and his agent Hosenhaus has no plans to $tick up the bank.

JMHO. Hey, it's my opinion and you're entitled to it.

Great.

Will the #75 guy from next year be that much better than the #125 guy this year?

Oh, that's right. We're sitting pretty with Willis and his agent Hosenhaus has no plans to $tick up the bank.

383253[/snapback]

Who WOULD have gotten the ball if WM went down? The guy who said he would never put on a Bills uniform again? Yeah...he would have been motivated.

Christ, even when a good solid move is made people have to B word.

Great.

383253[/snapback]

If who's and what's were beer and nuts. Injuries are part of the game, and the draft is all a gamble. We don't know if the guy we draft next year is gonna be good, but we do know we traded a malcontent player to load up for a future player. The titans 3rd rounder could eventually be packaged for an additional 2nd rd pick in next years draft as well. The draft is a gamble, and keeping Henry when he wasn't gonna play isn't worth it. We got what we could and now we're moving on

As I posted a LONG time ago: Don't play poker with TD, you'll lose

Great job Mr. D.

Now, what will he do with that extra $1.25 mil in his pocket?

Is the phone ringing at Mr Verba's house right now? Hmmmmmmmm

This call for some Hot Wings (sorry fezmid :rolleyes: )

RichNJoisy

CNJBBB

Who WOULD have gotten the ball if WM went down?  The guy who said he would never put on a Bills uniform again?  Yeah...he would have been motivated.

Christ, even when a good solid move is made people have to B word.

383255[/snapback]

Exactly!

TravisWavis gonna take his widdle footballs and stay home!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

NOT $O FA$T!

1. Now if Willis goes down who's going to be tossed into the huddle?

2. Who you think TD's gonna pick with this # 75th spot next Spring?

3. How is this going to help this year?

4. Will the #75 guy from next year be that much better than the #125 guy this year?

383253[/snapback]

1. RaShard Lee. He was a solid backup for the Cowboys last year. Built like Shawn Bryson, though less injury prone. Fast and big. Hard-working. Not a whiner. Also plays on special teams.

2. No idea. Way too early to speculate.

3. By freeing up $1.25 million in cap space that could possibly be used to add other FA veterans who - unlike Travis - may want to actually play for us.

4. Probably. The draft class of 2005 was widely believed to be one of the worst in years. Next year's is supposed to be better, thus further increasing the chances that a #75 guy in April 2006 will be better than the #125 guy from April 2005.