Thurman

Has anyone heard how Thurman is doing with his battle of alcohalism? He was my all time favorite Bill, and I remember having the "Thurmanator" poster in my room and rooted for him like no other....I curious to what led him to alcohal, and wonder if bad moments in the SuperBowl (forgot helmet, fumbles against Dallas) played a role..

In any case, I look forward to his ceremony at the Ralph this year

Has anyone heard how Thurman is doing with his battle of alcohalism? He was my all time favorite Bill, and I remember having the "Thurmanator" poster in my room and rooted for him like no other....I curious to what led him to alcohal, and wonder if bad moments in the SuperBowl (forgot helmet, fumbles against Dallas) played a role..

In any case, I look forward to his ceremony at the Ralph this year

382298[/snapback]

He will supposedly be traded today. Tennac is the front-runner, but Jacksonville could step up.

Sorry, couldn't be helped. There hasn't been any recent news on Thurman's recovery. I hope he is doing well.

He is doing pretty well. A few minor setbacks.

The thing that threw him over the edge was the end of football. Not having the everyday get going and the importance of his football career.

He has taken up the lower end of NASCAR. Who would have thought that he wanted to invest in that. Lives in FL with his lovely wife PAtti and their kids.

I think maybe if you sign up for one of those backer packages you might even get to meet him(if you haven't already) He was my sister's favorite player and has always been very kind to us. I miss that giggle of his and can't wait to see him again at the Ralph in September and then for the Miami game.

He is doing pretty well. A few minor setbacks.

The thing that threw him over the edge was the end of football.  Not having the everyday get going and the importance of his football career.

He has taken up the lower end of NASCAR.  Who would have thought that he wanted to invest in that.  Lives in FL with his lovely wife PAtti and their kids.

I think maybe if you sign up for one of those backer packages you might even get to meet him(if you haven't already)  He was my sister's favorite player and has always been very kind to us. I miss that giggle of his and can't wait to see him again at the Ralph in September and then for the Miami game.

382338[/snapback]

I'm bummed that I can't get in on the Backer packages... I've made a few enquiries with the Bills to see if they will do a 'special' package for me cos I am coming from so far... We'll see...

Would be awesome to meet Thurman though. A friend of mine over here has and he said he was a good guy with plenty of time for the fans.

He will supposedly be traded today.  Tennac is the front-runner, but Jacksonville could step up.

Sorry, couldn't be helped.  There hasn't been any recent news on Thurman's recovery.  I hope he is doing well.

382309[/snapback]

Probably won't hear the end of those jokes for awhile. :D

I think maybe if you sign up for one of those backer packages you might even get to meet him(if you haven't already) He was my sister's favorite player and has always been very kind to us. I miss that giggle of his and can't wait to see him again at the Ralph in September and then for the Miami game.

Hmmm, I've never heard of a backer package...That would be awesome to meet Thurman, it would be very surreal for me

The backer packages are on the Bills.com site.

They come in several type some with rooms and tickets, lunches, tours of the stadium etc

You should really check it out