worst show ever?

I'll tell you what I cant stand about TV producers: Someone comes up with a hit, and before you can blink, there are 4 clones out on TV. American Idol is a hit, and BAM, how many more talent shows do we get? Survivor was big.... clones follow. And sometimes they clone before they even get a hit... Trading Spouses and Wife Swap, for instance. Nanny 911 and ohh..some other nanny show.

And for a bad show.... Best Damn Sports Show Period, is terrible. Gimme PTI anyday.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you what I cant stand about TV producers: Someone comes up with a hit, and before you can blink, there are 4 clones out on TV. American Idol is a hit, and BAM, how many more talent shows do we get? Survivor was big.... clones follow. And sometimes they clone before they even get a hit... Trading Spouses and Wife Swap, for instance. Nanny 911 and ohh..some other nanny show.

And for a bad show.... Best Damn Sports Show Period, is terrible. Gimme PTI anyday.

381452[/snapback]

I hate the clone phenomenon...CSI was and still is a smash hit, and CSI Miami seems to have a decent following, but now i am seeing crime shows pop up everywhere...CSI NY, Cold Case, and i have seen previews for about a dozen new crime shows starting this season...Bones is the only one i can remember offhand...

And whats this i see about big brother still being on the air? That show is TERRIBLE!!! sure it was a hit in europe, but they keep coming up with new episodes for the 8 people that watch it...

And you said it, MTV is far and away the worst network on the air...

MTV has raised the bar so high for bad TV.  How about Date My Mom?  Roomraider?  TRL?  Punked?  Pimp my Ride?  Every show on that network contends for worst show ever IMO

381300[/snapback]

Punk'd is so damn funny, you have no idea. Imagine an actor with the nerve to prank other stars. The show is excellent.

Date my mom, roomraider and shows of that ilk are for the kiddies.

381452[/snapback]

It ain't the producers. It's you people, the public, and the bean counters. The producers will give you anything you're willing to watch.

the andy milikakis (sp?) show is by far the worst on mtv right now.  The show is based on the man show boy from 5 years ago doing stupid 15 year old things.  I am dumber for watching that show.

381552[/snapback]

Man, I am guilty! I thought the one episode of that I saw was pretty funny! :D

I really liked the kids website too, at one time....sometimes 15 year olds are a hell of a lot funnier than 30 year olds!

Anything on NBC that doesn't have Law and Order or Scrubs or Conan in the title.

381574[/snapback]

Something on NBC that doesn't have Law and Order in the title only leaves about 6 programs.

Medium is awful. I've never wanted to strangle somebody more than Patricia Arquette.

Speaking of worst ever, the worst thing I have ever heard (in any media) is the Heron's Landing radio ad played incessantly on WGR. Because I don't have a gun to shoot the radio, I have vowed to merely change the channel every time I hear it. Who are the ad wizards that came up with this one?

Ad exec: "I know, lets put together something with a high pitched bird squawk played every three seconds in between listing all the crap we sell. And not just any high pitched squawk - lets make one that sounds like nails on a chalkboard and that will guarantee that everyone who hears it will want throw themselves into traffic to make it stop."

Reasonable employee: "Won't that alienate listeners, make them angry, and, as a result, make them not want to come to Heron's Landing?"

Ad exec: "You're fired. Let's get the bird squawk thing done!"

the andy milikakis (sp?) show is by far the worst on mtv right now.  The show is based on the man show boy from 5 years ago doing stupid 15 year old things.  I am dumber for watching that show.

381552[/snapback]

I am all for stupid humor...but his show is painful to watch

Speaking of worst ever, the worst thing I have ever heard (in any media) is the Heron's Landing radio ad played incessantly on WGR.  Because I don't have a gun to shoot the radio, I have vowed to merely change the channel every time I hear it.  Who are the ad wizards that came up with this one? 

381873[/snapback]

Speaking of bad radio ads...WGR is running an ad recently for two female dentists who are referred to in the ad as "chicks with drills". I am not sure if they are dentists, strippers or something else. Way to promote yourself girls! :lol:

Speaking of bad radio ads...WGR is running an ad recently for two female dentists who are referred to in the ad as "chicks with drills".  I am not sure if they are dentists, strippers or something else.  Way to promote yourself girls! :lol:

381924[/snapback]

Chicks with drills? Sounds like something rated-x from the Jerry Springer show about hermaphrodites.