LAMP: I have an interview in 10 mins

Wow, that was a short interview...

CW

380488[/snapback]

I knew the guy very well. He'd already decided that the candidates were capable of doing the job - he told me he wasn't interested in 'competances' rather he wanted to have a chat about stuff to get a feel for my attitude, approach and how well I gelled with him...

The job is another Government job inside the organisation in which I work now. I've applied to be a Private Secretary. Don't laugh.

I knew the guy very well. He'd already decided that the candidates were capable of doing the job - he told me he wasn't interested in 'competances' rather he wanted to have a chat about stuff to get a feel for my attitude, approach and how well I gelled with him...

The job is another Government job inside the organisation in which I work now.  I've applied to be a Private Secretary. Don't laugh.

380494[/snapback]

No laughing at all...the connotation is different in the States.

A private secretary is someone who takes dictation (huh huh...I said dictation), makes copies, answers phones, etc.

You won't need to wear your rubbers for this job, will you? (Def a different state-side meaning to that!) :angry:

Hollywood has long cast the private secretary as a sexy dame with langurous eyes and debatable morals.  :blink:

380508[/snapback]

That's the job I've applied for!!!!! :angry:

Kidding... A PS is like an information hub and filter for a very senior member of the civil service...

And should I take that as a compliment?

:)

380658[/snapback]

Leave Hollywood alone. They've got years of mileage out of showing men getting kicked in the rocks by women, slapped silly by same, or portrayed as bumbling domestic idiots, yet men NEVER complain about it. It's so unfair...:lol::o