OT: I need more advice!

If I were you and I had any savings, I'd be out of there yesterday.  They aren't idiots, they're complete losers.

380561[/snapback]

I caution against this because if you quit and go looking for a job, you have absolutely NO leverage where income is concerned. You can't imagine the number of times I've interviewed unemployed people and had conversations like this:

"Okay, so our job pays $50,000 plus benefits."

"Oh, I really need to make what I was making in my last job, which was $85,000."

"I see. And how much are you making now?"

"Ummm. Nothing."

"So you don't need to make $85,000. You need to make more than nothing. And $50,000 is a helluva lot more than nothing, isn't it?"

"Well, yes, but my lifestyle is such that is requires an $85,000 salary."

"No, your lifestyle is such that you have to learn how to live on nothing, which is what you're making right now. I suggest you change your lifestyle because I don't pay based on what you need to make to pay your bills."

I kid you not I've had this conversation in interviews a dozen times. Keeping your job means keeping your leverage during your job search.

I suggest you change your lifestyle because I don't pay based on what you need to make to pay your bills."

380718[/snapback]

Is this the intro to your seminar? :lol:

Many in the current generation think that hard times means you are out of hot pockets. :)

Learn Cricket
That may not be a bad idea. This way you'd have something in common with your co-workers. It sounds like you haven't "settled in" yet.

Oh, and as a salaried employee, you don't get to leave 15 minutes early just because you arrived 15 minutes early. At least not for the first few months and then only occasionally. Don't mean to offend, but that's kind of a "union"mentality.

Oh, and as a salaried employee, you don't get to leave 15 minutes early just because you arrived 15 minutes early.  At least not for the first few months and then only occasionally. Don't mean to offend, but that's kind of a "union"mentality.

380747[/snapback]

Right. Being salaried means he gets to leave 15 minutes early, even if he arrived 15 minutes late.

Of course, it also means that sometimes he has to stay 15 hours late, even if he came in 15 hours early... Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. :)

CW