Hot Pockets

Have you eaten a hot pocket?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Have you eaten a hot pocket?

• Yes
    • No

I like this thread. It is nice and warm here, the food is nice, and

the questions aren't too hard.

Wait, is this the Hotpocket thread, I was looking for the.....

379920[/snapback]

...currency exchange calculator?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

musta been a delay in the avatar change.

creepy.

now i have to wait until this thread is dead before i change back..

i only hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those "son of satan" hanger on threads!

:lol:

379892[/snapback]

:wacko::P:D ...understood.

But no need to wait for avatar change. Delete it, clear the cache, put in a new one, refresh the site - it will show up soon. I don't know, but I think that the mods (correctly) do a screening of uploaded images before they are displayed.

You can also log out, leave your browser, come back, which also cleans the avatar slate.

This whole HotPocket craze is nothing new! In the UP of Michigan they eat a version.

Be sure to eat a pasty while you are here. They are rich and hearty mixtures of potatoes and meat wrapped up in a thick pastry, optionally served with catsup or sauce. They were originally brought over to the Upper Peninsula from Cornwall by miners, but they've become identified with the entire region. My favorite pasties are the ones from Jean Kay's, near Northern Michigan University. Be sure to ask for the ones with rutabaga.

Those lazy Yoopers! Look what they started!

The Cornish pasty [is] one of the best examples in the world of what one might call functional food. For the Cornish pasty ... is not merely delicious food, it was designed for a certain quite definite purpose; it was designed to be carried to work and eaten in the hand, to be taken down the mine, to sea, to the fields. You will see a Cornishman munching his tasty pasty squatting in the narrow tin-mine workings, sitting on the nets in his leaping fishing boat, leaning against a grassy bank whilst the patient plough-horses wait.

:wacko:

Don't forget the pickle juice.  :wacko:

379785[/snapback]

Grabbed the pickle jar out of the fridge last night and started chuckling about the Retatta. I never would have guessed that a pickle jar would bring me laughter for the next 20 years or so. :P

What do you season that with?  Beet juice?

379995[/snapback]

Likely not. Even beet juice has some reedeming quality. I'd guess additional of salt and some lipid or a synthtic clone of same.

It's not like you will overpower a Hot Pocket with a certain piquancy or subtle flavor, ya know. :P

But I will say, Hot Pockets are far from the rogue's gallery of zappable meals. If you can reasonably accomodate the salt content, and compensate otherwise for the fat, they are not total disasters.

Er, IMO. :D

OTOH, you can follow in my life footsteps, which brought me to tonight's supper: Pork 'n Beans, frozen green beans, cottage cheese, cheap canned peaches, non-seeded rye without spread, and at 10 PM, for a snack, an All-Bran Honey Bar and 1 stick of gum.

No wonder I tend towards surly..

Poor stuck - starving AND missed the self-esteem movement :wacko:

OTOH, you can follow in mylife  footsteps, which brought me to tonight's supper: Pork 'n Beans, frozen green beans, cottage cheese, cheap canned peaches, non-seeded rye without spread, and at 10 PM, for a snack, an All-Bran Honey Bar and 1 stick of gum.

380026[/snapback]

What are you, a goat?

Even beet juice has some reedeming quality.

380026[/snapback]

Reminds me of a story...........

When my Daddy was stationed in Germany during WWII they always had beets with their meal and the juice got into everything. After he got home after the war he could never eat another beet.

Thanks for making me think of that......it was always one of my favorite stories. The other one was when he was trying to save a German solider (Dad was a Medic) and he was holding the soldier in his arms and a German sniper shot the guy right through the helmet. He was afraid he'd "talk" to my Dad. Never tried to shoot my Dad......thank God. Dad didn't talk about the war much.

:angry:

mmmm Hot Pocket and Ramen Noodles...now that is gourmet

379902[/snapback]

Cripes, tater...that's like 50,000 grams of sodium. :angry:

You must be a walking salt lick (uh oh...did I just type that out loud?).

Cripes, tater...that's like 50,000 grams of sodium.  :angry:

You must be a walking salt lick (uh oh...did I just type that out loud?).

380255[/snapback]

That would explain the deer congregating on his front lawn every night, staring at the house, waiting to see if he's going to come out the door.

Not until they come out with garbage plate hot pockets. :angry:

I was in the area yesterday so I stopped in for a cheeseburger/red hot combo, with everything and heavy on the sauce.... with a diet pepsi!

yum :blink:

Not until they come out with garbage plate hot pockets.  :angry:

I was in the area yesterday so I stopped in for a cheeseburger/red hot combo, with everything and heavy on the sauce.... with a diet pepsi!

yum  :blink:

380460[/snapback]

See there, smart thinking, that balances out everything. By ordering the diet pepsi, all caloric intake from the garbage plate is neutralized.

i think my pocket is hot , it has a hole in it  :o

380336[/snapback]

and

My favorite pasties are the ones from Jean Kay's, near Northern Michigan University. Be sure to ask for the ones with rutabaga.

My mind isn't think food. :doh::doh:

Ding :):lol: