New JGB DVD Release

Link

On September 1, 1990, at the Shoreline Amphitheatre, the Jerry Garcia Band performed a particularly poignant kind of magic. A Grateful Dead show was originally scheduled for that date, but the Dead’s brilliant, passionate keyboard player, Brent Mydland, died of an overdose at age 37 in late July. Rather than cancel the gig, the Jerry Garcia Band stepped in to deliver one of their most heartfelt performances.

First Set

1. How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You

2. Stop That Train

3. Dear Prudence

4. I Shall Be Released

5. Run For The Roses

6. My Sisters And Brothers

7. Deal

Second Set

8. I Second That Emotion

9. Think

10. And It Stoned Me

11. Waiting For a Miracle

12. Don't Let Go

13. That Lucky Old Sun (Just Rolls Around Heaven All Day)

14. Tangled Up In Blue

SPECIAL FEATURES

• 5.1 Surround Sound

• Interviews - Blair Jackson talks with Robert Hunter and band members

• Songwriter minidocumentary/photo galleries

Yet another keeper for all those heads out there. Release day will be 8/9/05 (10 years since Jerry's passing)

His comment above is better off kept to himself. If he doesn't care about the subject of the thread, why make a post??

379882[/snapback]

Welcome to a public message board. Sorry not all of us fall into the "sunshine and roses" category on each and every subject. I apologize for offending your delicate sensibilities, cur (sic). Give my best to Col Mustard at the next bird meeting. :wacko:

Another coaster for the collection? Always need a place to put my drink.

Dollars to doughnuts says I can cut you a GratefulDead/JGarcia CD that you wouldn't hate.

Of course, you'd have to be crazy enough to shoot me your snailmail. :wacko:

Dollars to doughnuts says I can cut you a GratefulDead/JGarcia CD that you wouldn't hate.

Of course, you'd have to be crazy enough to shoot me your snailmail.  :wacko:

379915[/snapback]

I have a few Dead albums (Terrepin Station is one that I can recall). I don't hate all of it - just most of it.

His comment above is better off kept to himself. If he doesn't care about the subject of the thread, why make a post??

379882[/snapback]

This is not a Doom and Final Judgement About the Earth site.

Flippancy and riposte and repartee are the fun of it and why it's popular, col.

You know that - you've certainly fired off your share of snappy and humorous lines, right? It's not an .org or .edu... :wacko:

This is not a Doom and Final Judgement About the Earth site.

Flippancy and riposte and repartee are the fun of it and why it's popular, col. 

You know that - you've certainly fired off your share of snappy and humorous lines, right? It's not an .org or .edu... :P

379926[/snapback]

Agreed :wacko:

What are these "albums" you speak of?

Must be some ancient relics of a bygone era.....  :wacko:

379946[/snapback]

Sorry, old habit. They are actually CDs. :P

I still have some albums, though. They hang out collecting dust. My favorite is a Molly Hatchett whose cover I used to torment my son when he was a toddler. *

*Kidding, for all you lilly-livered flower child raising idiots who actually think even I would do such a thing.

They haven't released many JGB DVD's.

I just picked up Truckin Up to Buffalo DVD which was the 7/4/89 Rich Stadium GD Show

as for Alaska Darin, he's been a B word since as far as I can remember. It can make for good entertainment if you enjoy B word.

They haven't released many JGB DVD's.

I just picked up  Truckin Up to Buffalo DVD which was the 7/4/89 Rich Stadium GD Show

as for Alaska Darin, he's been a B word since as far as I can remember.  It can make for good entertainment if you enjoy B word.

379992[/snapback]

I got my "Trukin' to Buffalo" this weekend. Very heady stuff. That "Looks like Rain" with the thunder in the background is pretty cool. This is the first release of any JGB stuff on video.

as for Alaska Darin, he's been a B word since as far as I can remember.  It can make for good entertainment if you enjoy B word.

379992[/snapback]

AAACK! I've been judged harshly by someone who doesn't know me. Time to start the email campaign in hopes of salvaging my glorious reputation. Anyone have the number to a good pshrink? I'm obviously going to need it.