London Blitz

I thought I would update you all on my football team. Some of you are familiar with the fact that I play LG (at just about 202lbs now <_< ) for a team over here...

Well this season we are 5-1 and have just booked a place in the playoffs.

If we beat the 10-time national champs on Saturday we will win our division already with 3 games of the regular season to go.

We also redesigned ourwebsite (well I did)... You can keep up to date on http://www.londonblitz.com/

carry on.

What a lovely Americanised domain name :wacko: (though I see you also have .co.uk ... )

Are the offensive and defensive units "named?" I see "Machine" under all the O players' names and "D-Block" under all the D players' names...

What a lovely Americanised domain name :wacko: (though I see you also have .co.uk ... )

Are the offensive and defensive units "named?"  I see "Machine" under all the O players' names and "D-Block" under all the D players' names...

379651[/snapback]

Well the players have unofficially nicknamed the O 'Machine' and the D 'D-Block'...

The guys on D break the huddle with a 'Booya' - real cheesey - but pretty scary...

Us guys on O just try to run out, execute, get back in the huddle and do it again. Like a machine.

You'd expect a bit of Americanisation though - after all - we all love American Football enough to play it. Being British about it would ruin it!!

You'd expect a bit of Americanisation though  - after all - we all love American Football enough to play it. Being British about it would ruin it!!

379655[/snapback]

Yeah, must have taken a lot of training to get over the fear of touching the ball with your hands... :wacko: You probably still get the urge to kick it every so often...

Did you ever play Rugby Nick?

379719[/snapback]

Nope... Well - only a couple of games when I was at schoo. I hated that the sports teachers at school treated Rugby players like special kids. Not being too athletic myself back then I objected and tried football instead... the rest is histiry..

Just curious - why the different color helmets for guys on the same team?

379810[/snapback]

Because we are poor, and not all are guys can afford to buy their own helmet - so we have to get what we can...

Now if we can find a way to get sponsored (we are trying but it is hard) or get some gear donated from a team in the US that is refreshing their kit we'd be very grateful.

More info on our financial situation at : http://www.londonblitz.com/sponsorship.htm