Looks like the bidding for Henry is intensifying

According to an article posted on TBD, Seattle is responding to some comments lasr week by Alexander that he must have a long-term deal this season if he is going to play for them by re-opening talks that had died with the Bills about Henry.

This nugget is from Len PassthePotatoes so it well may not be true (some of his past articles have seemed to be more about having something to print rather than be accurate) and he has ties with TD as a source so this nugget may be from the Bills to give the impression of an ensuing bidding war.

However, even if the Seattle deal never happens (it would need to await resolution of the Alexander situation and then you need two oartners to make a deal so I doubt anything happens soon, the important part of this is that it might get either Jax or TN to get off the dime and meet TD's asking price (seemingly a 3rd with conditional possibilities to make this a second).

If Jax or the Titans get worried that one or the other is going to pull the trigger out of fear of Sea beating them to the punch then it may push one of them to simply take the bird in the hand of giving the Bills what TD is asking.

Not done yet but sweet.

Damn that TD should have traded away Travis to the Cardinals, 'cause no one is gonna want him now.......err........oh you said some teams are interested?

Yeah it is starting to sound like a new one (team) each day and training camp hasn't even begun.

Damn that TD should have traded away Travis to the Cardinals, 'cause no one is  gonna want him now.......err........oh you said some teams are interested?

Yeah it is starting to sound like a new one (team) each day and training camp hasn't even begun.

379393[/snapback]

This reinforces my sincere desire to never play poker with Tom Donahoe.

I wonder, when TH is traded for a 3+ or a 2, if the TD haters will say anything? It amazes me that people still sell him short?

Jeff

379463[/snapback]

Of course. TD'll make one wasted draft pick into two!

I wonder, when TH is traded for a 3+ or a 2, if the TD haters will say anything? It amazes me that people still sell him short?

Jeff

379463[/snapback]

Not sure if you were referring to me as a TD hater, but I was being dead serious. I think the guy is a (evil) genius.

The McGahee Pick, getting Kelly Holcomb to play backup. Not settling on a 3rd round pick for Henry, picking up Lee Evans, Nate Clements in 2001 as the 21st overall pick (look at that draft - he's in the top 10 of players to come from that draft class), getting a 1st round pick for P. Price.. shall I continue, or would the TD haters like to bring up Erik Flowers at this point?

Not sure if you were referring to me as a TD hater, but I was being dead serious. I think the guy is a (evil) genius.

The McGahee Pick, getting Kelly Holcomb to play backup. Not settling on a 3rd round pick for Henry, picking up Lee Evans, Nate Clements in 2001 as the 21st overall pick (look at that draft - he's in the top 10 of players to come from that draft class), getting a 1st round pick for P. Price.. shall I continue, or would the TD haters like to bring up Erik Flowers at this point?

379472[/snapback]

TD is a very good bridesmaid.

379472[/snapback]

Stojan's right - the man is a cunning fox.

He's proven time and again that he has the right strategy for dealing with personnel issues.

I was crying out to bin Travis earlier in the off season, but it looks like now that by waiting we are going to get the best value out of Travis... I always hoped we'd hit a situation like this... No matter if the Hawks are using TH as leverage over SA, it puts the heat on Tenn and Jacksonville to make something happen...

All well and good but what's his record on the field? <_<

379472[/snapback]

No Steve, just a general statement. I agree with your comment!

Jeff

We can go on and on about TD's great negotiating skills and excellent moves, but where are the playoff appearances?

379477[/snapback]

TD doesn't suit up on gameday. He can only see the potential in a player. The COACHES need to be able to get the players to perform to their potential and the players have to perform on the field.

GW was unable to get the players to perform and that caused a 3 year setback.

TD doesn't suit up on gameday. He can only see the potential in a player.  The COACHES need to be able to get the players to perform to their potential and the players have to perform on the field.

GW was unable to get the players to perform and that caused a 3 year setback.

379577[/snapback]

and who hired GW again?

the buck stops with the GM.......it his ultimate responsibility to field a winner and any negative comment regarding people he handpicked is a reflection on a poor job by him.........