Don and Mike Show Tragedy

Wacka

This is horrible. I listen to the show fairly often and she was a big part of the show. Don called her from work just about every day and she was always a big part fo the show, much like how I call Psycho Ward 86 just about every day from work. They seemed to have a very special relationship. What's worse is that they had just seen their son, Bart, off to college @ Clemson a year or so ago, and were just beginning to get accustomed to it being just the two of them @ home. What a tragedy. I'm listening to the show now, and it's so surreal to hear such a somber show from them.

God rest Freda's soul.

This is horrible.  I listen to the show fairly often and she was a big part of the show.  Don called her from work just about every day and she was always a big part fo the show, much like how I call Psycho Ward 86 just about every day from work.  They seemed to have a very special relationship.  What's worse is  that they had just seen their son, Bart, off to college @ Clemson a year or so ago, and were just beginning to get accustomed to it being just the two of them @ home.  What a tragedy.  I'm listening to the show now, and it's so surreal to hear such a somber show from them. 

God rest Freda's soul.

378928[/snapback]

I miss the show. The station here that carried it went under due to mismanagement. Really a tough thing to bury the mother of your children before her time. Is Don actually on today?

I miss the show.  The station here that carried it went under due to mismanagement.  Really a tough thing to bury the mother of your children before her time.  Is Don actually on today?

378938[/snapback]

They stream the show over the 'net now, Darin. Try donandmikewebsite.com to see if you can access it.

Don, as I expected, is not on today. Would you be?

Of course not.  I'd handle that very poorly.

378948[/snapback]

As would I. I've been w/ the Psycho for almost 18 years, and if she were taken from me in a similar fashion, I just don't know how I would react. All I know is that it wouldn't be pretty.

Holy freaking crap that is just awful. The man talked about her all the time, there was no doubt he loved his family more than anything in the world....this is just horrible.

378990[/snapback]

He ends every show by saying he loves his wife and his son. This is really sad.

Wow. That is just terrible...no matter how much kidding around he did about how much Frida was driving him nuts, you could just tell that Don adored her to no end. I can't possibly imagine ever going back to a job where your wife was known so well by not only your co-workers but by millions of people, in the listening audience. Frida was such an integral part of the show and this is a tragedy. I feel so bad for Don.

For those of you who listen to the Don and Mike radio show around the country, they are saying that Don's wife Freda was killed in a head-on car accident yesterday afternoon.

News story

378895[/snapback]

That is horrible. I started enjoying Don and Mike a lot this year and then that station got jacked.

It seemed like Freda was his life. I hope he gets through this sad, sad time.

For those of you who listen to the Don and Mike radio show around the country, they are saying that Don's wife Freda was killed in a head-on car accident yesterday afternoon.

News story

378895[/snapback]

Damn, that really hits home...I listened to Don + Mike for a few years before 92.9 went Jack ( off ) format.......

Sad news...

Wow, web site is down.

That is just awful. I liked listening to the show before they dropped it here. She was always coming on the show, it was cool.