I have a question:

If the new Iraqi governemtn is so unpopular among its own people, how come so many people die waiting to volunteer for the police or the military?

I seriously believe the "insurgents" (read: "terrorists") are losing this fight in the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people.

Anyone? Bueller?

I know alot of you smug effers out there are "Smarter" than I am! Enlighten me with your knowledge!

378512[/snapback]

The outsiders are losing support. As far as the rest, I am guessing that it depends on what part of the country you are in.

If the new Iraqi governemtn is so unpopular among its own people, how come so many people die waiting to volunteer for the police or the military?

I seriously believe the "insurgents" (read: "terrorists") are losing this fight in the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people.

378486[/snapback]

Question for you...who among the PPP crowd claims that the the Iraqi government is so unpopular with it's own people? Maybe that's why there are no takers.

Question for you...who among the PPP crowd claims that the the Iraqi government is so unpopular with it's own people?  Maybe that's why there are no takers.

378544[/snapback]

Define "it's own people"?

Well, an increase of making one dollar a day to two dollars a day is a 100% jump. That would be the fastest growing economy in the world.  :ph34r:

378570[/snapback]

Very true.

So you'd think with all the incredibly impoverished countries in the world, Iraq wouldn't be at the top of the economic growth list (by quite a bit). Hurts the argument that the war has been a disaster for that country.

I'll find the link at some point today.

Anyone? Bueller?

I know alot of you smug effers out there are "Smarter" than I am! Enlighten me with your knowledge!

378512[/snapback]

"Hearts and minds": soundbite regurgitation at its finest.

Who disagrees? Many Iraqis are in favor of this government, and the insurgents are not "winning." But neither are they about to fold up tent and "lose," if there's even such a thing as clear win/loss in a war on terror.

The outsiders are losing support. As far as the rest, I am guessing that it depends on what part of the country you are in.

378515[/snapback]

What kind of vague, meaningless answer is that? JSP was expecting some level of enlightenment and what you provide for him is babble.

Saying that "it depends on what part of the part of the country you are in" is kind of like saying it depends where you are located on the earth as to what time the sunset will occur. Duh

The way I see it, JSP has an excellent point. The folks are still lining up in huge numbers to stand up for themselves and thier new found country. They are happy to live in a free country but they appear to be more willing to die for creating it and defending it. I think that is a very strong statement.

The idiots who are coming from other countries in the region are basically looking to die. They have nothing to live for in the dirt and sand of their own busted down homeland, and they basically are ignorant enough to be sold a bill of godds by some wacky internet god named osama, and a few nutty clerics, who have been exposed to the heat and bad food for way too long. These nut jobs are no different then the jerks who david korrish taked into believing his line of BS so he could sleep with all of thier wives. Look there is no shoratage of stupid ignorant losers in this world who can be convinced that strapping on 50 lbs of C4 and walking into a day care center and ligthing themselves off is a better future then washing your rags and going out and finding a job somewhere.

Very true.

So you'd think with all the incredibly impoverished countries in the world, Iraq wouldn't be at the top of the economic growth list (by quite a bit).  Hurts the argument that the war has been a disaster for that country.

I'll find the link at some point today.

378616[/snapback]

Whats the time frame for these numbers? Is the base point that they are comparing too before the war started or after the war started?