MSNBC's low ratings explained

If CNN, FOX, and MSNBC are all after the same basic target audience, MSNBC has been finishing in dead last since its inception. It's possible the reason for this is that they give a dimwit like Ron Reagan his own show where he gets absolutely demolished in a debate by his guest, Christopher Hitchens, who wonders aloud why he even has a show.

VIDEO

Verbal beatdowns on national TV don't get much worse than this. There is something magical about someone so full of himself getting ripped to shreds on his own TV show.

All of Ron Reagan's knowledge of terrorist connections to Iraq prior to 2003 apparently came from a summary of an Associated Press article about the 9/11 commission that he skimmed through a few months ago. And, no Ron, the sarcasm wasn't helping....

If CNN, FOX, and MSNBC are all after the same basic target audience, MSNBC has been finishing in dead last since its inception.  It's possible the reason for this is that they give a dimwit like Ron Reagan his own show where he gets absolutely demolished in a debate by his guest, Christopher Hitchens, who wonders aloud why he even has a show.

VIDEO

Verbal beatdowns on national TV don't get much worse than this.  There is something magical about someone so full of himself getting ripped to shreds on his own TV show. 

All of Ron Reagan's knowledge of terrorist connections to Iraq prior to 2003 apparently came from a summary of an Associated Press article about the 9/11 commission that he skimmed through a few months ago.  And, no Ron, the sarcasm wasn't helping....

378125[/snapback]

That was sweet! Thanks for posting it. I now have new favorite blog.

MSNBC likes to give bad people shows which die very quickly (by moving to CNBC or another affiliate). Examples include Dennis Miller and that one angry tennis guy (I forget his name).

Although I've heard many on the right say that FOX gets the best ratings because they are the only market for conservatives. Why don't Tucker Carlson and Joe Scarborough get good ratings on MSNBC then?

MSNBC likes to give bad people shows which die very quickly (by moving to CNBC or another affiliate).  Examples include Dennis Miller and that one angry tennis guy (I forget his name).

Although I've heard many on the right say that FOX gets the best ratings because they are the only market for conservatives.  Why don't Tucker Carlson and Joe Scarborough get good ratings on MSNBC then?

378149[/snapback]

Johnny Mac is the tennis guy. As for Carlson, Scarborough, etc. - perhaps nobody ever watched MSNBC to begin with, so nobody knows they're there? :D

Just a thought....

Yep. I am a news Junkie, CNN or Foxnews is on about 2-3 hours a day and I dont even know what channel MSNBC is on Directv...Cant tell you why...I have seen scarbourough...he isnt bad...they need to get someone from fox or cnn over there to draw some viewers

MSNBC likes to give bad people shows which die very quickly (by moving to CNBC or another affiliate).  Examples include Dennis Miller and that one angry tennis guy (I forget his name).

Although I've heard many on the right say that FOX gets the best ratings because they are the only market for conservatives.  Why don't Tucker Carlson and Joe Scarborough get good ratings on MSNBC then?

378149[/snapback]

Didn't Tucker Carlson's show just start?

As for Scarborough Country, isn't its lead-in Keith "Amateur Hour" Olberman? And Lardball with Chris Matthews before that? MSNBC's reputation is so bad I imagine most people don't give it a chance.

That page links to a story about Audioslave members claiming the London bombings were all part of a plan by Bush to keep the world in fear.. ;)

http://blogs.salon.com/0001561/2005/07/10.html#a7705

second story...

378323[/snapback]

I am a conspiracy theorist and it's horrible to say this, but the bombs in London fits perfectly in George Bush's plan to keep the world in fear, Audioslave bass player Tim Commerford argued when Dagbladet met them at the Quart-concert yesterday.

Vocalist Chris Cornell nodded eagerly.

- The eye of the Storm

- Politically this is the best that could happen to Bush. I hope London's population will realise that this is really his fault, that it is a direct consequence of the US still having military in Iraq, argued Cornell.

Straight after the Quart-concert yesterday evening, the boys were flying on to Great Britain.

- That will be like coming to the eye of the storm, Chris Cornell believed.

Yes, Chris, because Islamic terrorism wasn't a problem before the intervention in Iraq. :D The amazing thing about people who make that argument is that they claim there is no reason to go to Iraq in the post-9/11 world (no matter what reasons you provide) *and* that people who are not Iraqi and most likely have never been to Iraq are acting out because of the coalition forces in Iraq. So apparently there's nothing wrong at the core - culturally, religously, or mentally - with people who are capable of commiting mass murder when spurred to do so by military action in a country they are not from and have not ever been to (unless of course it turns out the London bombings were done by Baath party members who fled Iraq). Yes, of course, these were totally normal, peace-loving individuals until eeeeeeeeeeeevil George Bush invaded Iraq (for oil, even though it keeps getting more expensive). :w00t:

And why doesn't Timmy Commerford just come out and say he thinks Rove was behind this? You know he wanted to.

Yes, Chris, because Islamic terrorism wasn't a problem before the intervention in Iraq.  :D  The amazing thing about people who make that argument is that they claim there is no reason to go to Iraq in the post-9/11 world (no matter what reasons you provide) *and* that people who are not Iraqi and most likely have never been to Iraq are acting out because of the coalition forces in Iraq.  So apparently there's nothing wrong at the core - culturally, religously, or mentally - with people who are capable of commiting mass murder when spurred to do so by military action in a country they are not from and have not ever been to (unless of course it turns out the London bombings were done by Baath party members who fled Iraq).  Yes, of course, these were totally normal, peace-loving individuals until eeeeeeeeeeeevil George Bush invaded Iraq (for oil, even though it keeps getting more expensive). :w00t:

And why doesn't Timmy Commerford just come out and say he thinks Rove was behind this?  You know he wanted to.

378365[/snapback]

Pretty soon ol George W will demand sharks with frickin laser beams attached to thier frickin heads... ;)

Pretty soon ol George W will demand sharks with frickin laser beams attached to thier frickin heads... :D

378434[/snapback]

:w00t:

I read that last night and thought it was pretty funny. Then when I saw it again this morning, for some reason I picture the actual sharks (with the American flag tattooed to their fins) and Toby Keith singing about how heroic they were and it was about 10x funnier (probably because I'm still waking up).

BTW, this is one of the funniest exchanges in movie history:

Dr. Evil: You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads! Now evidently my cycloptic colleague informs me that that cannot be done. Ah, would you remind me what I pay you people for, honestly? Throw me a bone here! What do we have?

Number Two: Sea Bass.

Dr. Evil: [pause] Right.

Number Two: They're mutated sea bass.

Dr. Evil: Are they ill tempered?

Number Two: Absolutely.

Dr. Evil: Oh well, that's a start.

Didn't Tucker Carlson's show just start?

As for Scarborough Country, isn't its lead-in Keith "Amateur Hour" Olberman?  And Lardball with Chris Matthews before that?  MSNBC's reputation is so bad I imagine most people don't give it a chance.

378177[/snapback]

Hey Man, don't diss Keith. He was a good sports reporter. :P

MSNBC is full of old trash, but Scarborough WAS a congressman and has been on TV for a long time now. Tucker Carlson is also known pretty well from CNN's crossfire, where he was a retard (and a Dick according to Jon Stewart :ph34r: ).

The lead-in to Tucker Carlson's show is Olbermann and Matthews. Scarborough is on at 10pm, after Carlson's show (which is complete sh-- - the PTI of politics. It works great for sports, but I think Politics needs a bit more then 3 seconds per topic)

Johnny Mac is the tennis guy. As for Carlson, Scarborough, etc. - perhaps nobody ever watched MSNBC to begin with, so nobody knows they're there? :ph34r:

Just a thought....

378174[/snapback]

Oh yeah it was Johnny Mac. His show sucked, haha.

Yep.  I am a news Junkie, CNN or Foxnews is on about 2-3 hours a day and I dont even know what channel MSNBC is on Directv...Cant tell you why...I have seen scarbourough...he isnt bad...they need to get someone from fox or cnn over there to draw some viewers

378176[/snapback]

I like MSNBC for their reporting, I think they do a good job on the good stuff that they do report on. But the rest of the channel is garbage.

I can't stand CNN anymore. The last time I watched it they read blogs over the air once every commercial break (15 minutes or so). And I of course don't like Fox News either.