Henry to Jax?

From buffalobillisinsider.com

Latest Henry Rumors

Friday, July 08, 2005 - 08:19 PM

The latest word on Buffalo RB Travis Henry is that he will be traded to the Jacksonville Jaguars and that the deal is all but done. The Bills would be recieving a 3rd round draft choice in next years NFL draft and there could designated production benchmarks that, if met, could turn it into a 2nd round pick. If there is a hangup on the deal, it will be based on the conditions needed to transform it from a 3rd to a 2nd rounder. Henry is expected to take a physical in Jacksonville sometime next week, which he will pass, and it shouldn't be long after that the deal is made official.

The Tennessee Titans are also in the mix (and recently the Vikings have been added in the rumors), but at this point it looks as if Jacksonville is more willing to meet Tom Donahoe's demands.

Oh wouldn't that be fantastic?

:devil:

t-r

Excellent!  Wonder if this would also be pending a contract extension signed by TH

377997[/snapback]

The WGR report w/ a link on the frontpage includes a Jags person saying they're intrigued by TH's small cap number and that they'll get an extra push out of him b/c he's in the final year of his contract.... Well, if they're sure he'll want to stay there (he's from Florida, etc.) then it's not much of a gamble and provides extra motivation to do well.

I don't know 'bout other people, but I'd want to get my potential starting RB in asap to start learning the playbook before camp started. Esp. for someone w/ a reported learning disability.

Hearing about Taylor's knee, a 3rd-to-possible-2nd looks to be a fair, mutually beneficial trade.

The WGR report w/ a link on the frontpage includes a Jags person saying they're intrigued by TH's small cap number and that they'll get an extra push out of him b/c he's in the final year of his contract.... Well, if they're sure he'll want to stay there (he's from Florida, etc.) then it's not much of a gamble and provides extra motivation to do well.

I don't know 'bout other people, but I'd want to get my potential starting RB in asap to start learning the playbook before camp started. Esp. for someone w/ a reported learning disability.

Hearing about Taylor's knee, a 3rd-to-possible-2nd looks to be a fair, mutually beneficial trade.

377999[/snapback]

Ok, lay the line for the draft pick to become a 2nd round choice. I say 1000 yards and 7 td's. Lofty expectations for a back up rb, but if I were Jax I would go no lower than that. A 2nd round draft choice seems like a lot to me knowing that Sean Alexander and Edgerrin James could of been had for the same.

What's your line?

Ok, lay the line for the draft pick to become a 2nd round choice.  I say 1000 yards and 7 td's.  Lofty expectations for a back up rb, but if I were Jax I would go no lower than that.  A 2nd round draft choice seems like a lot to me knowing that Sean Alexander and Edgerrin James could of been had for the same. 

What's your line?

378003[/snapback]

These types of things usually involve just yards and not TD's. I would guess that the magic number ends up around 1,200 yards.

They're reporting now that for the Bills to get a second, Henry would only have to gain 500 total yards, but would have to successfully pick up five blitzers at any point in the season. Lofty for sure...but anything can happen, I guess.

These types of things usually involve just yards and not TD's. I would guess that the magic number ends up around 1,200 yards.

378007[/snapback]

I agree, and I think that sounds fair for both sides. If they get a 1200 yard back, a 2nd rounder is a steal for them. 1000 yards just seems a bit too low nowadays.

CW

Where's that little pencil-necked weasel John Clayton? TD sure over-played his hand here. Instead of getting a Tackle at $3m per season that was cut and signed to a $1m per year or a 4th round pick or possibly even 5th round pick, it appears that he will get a 3rd and possibly even a 2nd.

Interesting. The above blurb from BBI.com is what I read on BB.com's message boards and posted in my thread yesterday (http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=26191). However it was from a poster, and didn't have the credibility this does, being posted on a website as information, albeit in rumor form. I wonder if it's the same guy?

Edited by MadBuffaloDisease

I read the WGR link and it sounds like the play by play guy for the Jags just wishing they would make a deal for Travis Henry. Is there any substance to this rumor or is it just this guys wishfull thinking?

hmmmmmmmmm

I read the WGR link and it sounds like the play by play guy for the Jags just wishing they would make a deal for Travis Henry. Is there any substance to this rumor or is it just this guys wishfull thinking?

hmmmmmmmmm

I'd have to believe that the Jags' PBP announcer knows a little more than your average "expert" and thus his opinion carries a little more weight. But at the very least, it gets the Titans thinking a little harder about making a trade.

I'd have to believe that the Jags' PBP announcer knows a little more than your average "expert" and thus his opinion carries a little more weight.  But at the very least, it gets the Titans thinking a little harder about making a trade.

378088[/snapback]

I'll believe it when it gets done. :D

They're reporting now that for the Bills to get a second, Henry would only have to gain 500 total yards, but would have to successfully pick up five blitzers at any point in the season. Lofty for sure...but anything can happen, I guess.

378011[/snapback]

Jax is driving a pretty hard bargain.

Maybe TD can cut down the "successfully picked up five blitzers at any point in the season" down to three - or change it to "successfully looks at five blitzers at any point in the season." That'd get er dun. No doubt.