The IOC is Anti-American

I don't think anyone has said this officially, but speculation has been that what hurt Golf was the belief that the best pros would not play, and that the Olympic golf would become in effect a minor tour stop.

378118[/snapback]

Stands to reason, doesn't it?

What would Olympic Golf be w/o Tiger/Phil/Reteefh/DJaySing!

Swish!

Man, I'll bet there'll be a lot of people who will miss track and field in the Olympics.

378052[/snapback]

Like I said, It's the Olympics, you just never know with the IOC.

Also, supposedly someone from the IOC or some affiliated federation made a remark that Rugby sevens was "a joke", which did not help.

That statement was a joke, if Rugby was in the Olympics, it would instantly be one of the most watched sports of the tournament. The Rugby World Cup is one of the world's most watched sporting events, behind the FIFA World Cup, the Superbowl and, the Olympics, actually.

IMO, there was some kind of conspiracy/backlash thing going on with London getting the games as to why sevens did not get the votes.

I could see Rugby 7's matches being as popular as beach volleyball was in the most recent Olympics.

Baseball just doesn't go in Europe. Furthermore, baseball bores some people like soccer bores others. And the pharmaceuticals didn't help.

The last I heard Montreal was still trying to figure out the best way to get rid of the "Big O ". They could flatten it and make a giant ball room dancing venue.