Unemployment Hits Near 4-Year Low

Flight suit, nose pick, halliburton, Patriot act.......

Only jobs at Mcdonalds are available.

Ding....

Oh Hot Pocket

Oh look something shiny.

Gotta go American Idol and WOSP are on.

Unemployment numbers only follow the number of people filing for/collecting unemployment. It doesn't track the people who have run out of the unemployment option and fall off the books (used to be like 16 weeks, not sure what it is now) nor does it account for the people who just give up (couples who decide to just have one spouse stay at home with the kids because they can't find work).

From the same page linked to by LA, you can click on a seperate article saying that no one is hiring. What's a better indicator...people who can't find work, or the fact that companies aren't hiring?

Did you just move in next door to Parrot in Ohio to Neverneverbetterlandranch? Sheesh. I guess the semi-rosy picture of this month is the real number and the crappy numbers of May were just lies from the liberal media.  :lol:

377532[/snapback]

Or maybe the media doesnt like working overtime to bash the US when the target shrinks. Five percent. Not a bad number. But stand tall. We'll be at 9, 10, or 11 someday, and then the target will be bigger and then people won't have to work so hard to find what's wrong with our country. ;):lol:

Unemployment numbers only follow the number of people filing for/collecting unemployment.  It doesn't track the people who have run out of the unemployment option and fall off the books (used to be like 16 weeks, not sure what it is now) nor does it account for the people who just give up (couples who decide to just have one spouse stay at home with the kids because they can't find work).

From the same page linked to by LA, you can click on a seperate article saying that no one is hiring.  What's a better indicator...people who can't find work, or the fact that companies aren't hiring?

377543[/snapback]

What I don't understand is how when the number goes up, it's real and true and made for a great argument when it worked in the left's favor (since that all I read the past couple of years), but when the number goes down, it's all a bunch of crap.

I'm not saying you specifically, just in general.

Can't hardy wait to see what the nuts on the left have to complain about here. After all it's just another positive economic report. If the same report had come out with a lib in the white house there would have been an orgy to end all orgies. There would have been a gala thrown in honor of whoever was in office. There would have been a move to immediately place that persons face on Mt. Rushmore.

Then after all that was taken care of, there would have been a big parade to celebrate the amazing accomplishments of such a caring and wise person.

Instead we are stuck with people like kennedy, shumer, and byrd who will find some evil meaning to such numbers. Perhaps haliburton is behind it, or some other evil conservative hate group, who want to see people working and taking care of themselves.

Flight suit, nose pick, halliburton, Patriot act.......

Only jobs at Mcdonalds are available.

Ding.... 

Oh Hot Pocket

Oh look something shiny. 

Gotta go American Idol and WOSP are on.

377537[/snapback]

It's the economy stupid.

What I don't understand is how when the number goes up, it's real and true and made for a great argument when it worked in the left's favor (since that all I read the past couple of years), but when the number goes down, it's all a bunch of crap.

I'm not saying you specifically, just in general.

377552[/snapback]

I thought both articles did a good job of tempering what the numbers indicate. Unemployment is down as measured by number of people that file for benefits, but just because those numbers went down doesn't mean everything is fantastic, because those people coming out of school or who are out of work are going to find it hard to find work.

I wasn't trying to negate what the unemployment numbers mean. They just don't tell the whole story. Each side can use them for their own propoganda.

I thought both articles did a good job of tempering what the numbers indicate.  Unemployment is down as measured by number of people that file for benefits, but just because those numbers went down doesn't mean everything is fantastic, because those people coming out of school or who are out of work are going to find it hard to find work.

I wasn't trying to negate what the unemployment numbers mean.  They just don't tell the whole story.  Each side can use them for their own propoganda.

377560[/snapback]

We see you're doing a wonderful job with your side. :lol:

We see you're doing a wonderful job with your side.  :lol:

377562[/snapback]

Actually, he was. He explained how it affects both sides' arguments, which he often does. You, on the other hand, virtually never see or acknowledge or give creedence to the other side's argument and only argue yours. ;)

Actually, he was. He explained how it affects both sides' arguments, which he often does. You, on the other hand, virtually never see or acknowledge or give creedence to the other side's argument and only argue yours.  :lol:

377569[/snapback]

Not true. I look at everyone, both sides as generally stupid, and hate most people. Therefore I am usually correct. ;)

Not true.  I look at everyone, both sides as generally stupid, and hate most people.  Therefore I am usually correct.  :devil:

377574[/snapback]

Yeah, I can see that. I was hoping that during many of those intimate conversations in the car with your daughter, instead of watching filth on a DVD, she could be getting one of your endearing "I fukking hate people" lectures.

Can't hardy wait to see what the nuts on the left...

377557[/snapback]

I think, in order to save space on the TBD server, we should just assume every one of Rich's posts starts with this, and he can just fill the rest in.

I think, in order to save space on the TBD server, we should just assume every one of Rich's posts starts with this, and he can just fill the rest in.

377610[/snapback]

We could add a button for it at least. And a "HotPockets" button, a "Halliburton" button, since all these signifiers have become so devoid of meaning that smiley faces tend to say more.

Unemployment numbers only follow the number of people filing for/collecting unemployment.  It doesn't track the people who have run out of the unemployment option and fall off the books (used to be like 16 weeks, not sure what it is now) nor does it account for the people who just give up (couples who decide to just have one spouse stay at home with the kids because they can't find work).

From the same page linked to by LA, you can click on a seperate article saying that no one is hiring.  What's a better indicator...people who can't find work, or the fact that companies aren't hiring?

377543[/snapback]

Is the current way of determining "unemployment numbers" different now under GWB than it was under previous Presidents; such as Clinton?