Moulds and Clements

Looking at the end of this upcoming season Moulds and Clements are the next two players who's contracts the Bills will have to deal with. I know that Moulds will still be under contract, but I think we all know that they will not be paying him 8 or 9 million next season. Clements of course will be a free agent. What I'm wondering is what do you think will be the breaking point of these negotiations. I think Moulds is worth no more than 5 million and I feel that Clements' worth is no more than 6 million a season. That being said I think it will be much more probable that Moulds will renegotiate down to what the Bill's can afford than Nate Clements sticking around when getting offers from teams willing to break the bank for a top corner.

Looking at the end of this upcoming season Moulds and Clements are the next two players who's contracts the Bills will have to deal with. I know that Moulds will still be under contract, but I think we all know that they will not be paying him 8 or 9 million next season. Clements of course will be a free agent. What I'm wondering is what do you think will be the breaking point of these negotiations. I think Moulds is worth no more than 5 million and I feel that Clements' worth is no more than 6 million a season. That being said I think it will be much more probable that Moulds will renegotiate down to what the Bill's can afford than Nate Clements sticking around when getting offers from teams willing to break the bank for a top corner.

377297[/snapback]

That sounds plausible.

377297[/snapback]

i think that if Mould's contract could have been redone for less of a cap hit, it would have been done that way.

as for clements, if you dont spend to cash to keep a very good young player on your team, then who would you spend the money on?

redo vincent's contract or Melloy's contract. that will free up some cash.

377297[/snapback]

Clements 6m a year will be breaking the bank....If the bills do can afford

that contract I am sure they are going to go after that.

Another possible contract to deal with will be Willis McGahee, especially if

he has a great season.

Another one will be McGee...if he nails down the starting CB position. The

word was that early in off season he and his agent had rejected a extension

offer from the bills.

'Worth' is a relative term. I don't believe you can say there's a dollar amount a player is precisely worth. Take, for instance, Jonas Jennings. Would you think he'd get a deal worth more than $40 million? I certainly didn't, but someone was willing to pony up, and everything fell into place for JJ (players like Jones and Pace were tagged, there was a weak pool of OTs in this year's draft, and the free agency market wasn't a whole lot better). Would I like to see Clements brought back? Of course, but I'm sure it will probably take a whole lot more than $6 million to make that happen. As for Moulds, I think if he won't restructure his contract that they should explore options of trading him. His play is not @ the level that the Bills should mortgage their future to pay him.

I expect Nate to leave for big $$$ (it's just not TD's modus operandi to pony up a huge contract for one player--he's typically relied on the draft to keep a steady stream of replacements ready to plug in).

I think EM's contract will hinge on what kind of year he has. If he's still effective, I can see him renegotiating to get a lower cap number for 2006.