Get Ready To Celebrate You Hosers

Public Service Announcement:

Hockey, Hockey, Hockey

377193[/snapback]

Gosh, that looks tough. How on earth is Jagr expected to feed his family on only $8M per year instead of $11M. Tough times will have befallen him. How he's gonna make it is beyond me. The Jagr family will have to do some serious belt tightening.

Sounds like an agreement whereby the guy in the wheelchair now permanently paralyzed who held his ground in a right of way issue with a truck just won some bucks in court. It'll be interesting to see what impact this demonstration of greed on the players parts plays out on the parts of the fans and how that impacts the league in general. I'd go watch college and minor league games instead.

Gosh, that looks tough.  How on earth is Jagr expected to feed his family on only $8M per year instead of $11M.  Tough times will have befallen him.  How he's gonna make it is beyond me.  The Jagr family will have to do some serious belt tightening. 

Sounds like an agreement whereby the guy in the wheelchair now permanently paralyzed who held his ground in a right of way issue with a truck just won some bucks in court.  It'll be interesting to see what impact this demonstration of greed on the players parts plays out on the parts of the fans and how that impacts the league in general.  I'd go watch college and minor league games instead.

377263[/snapback]

With your messed up logic shouldnt you be saying that the fans shoud filling the arena's in support of the owners who stood their ground against the "greedy" players that volunteered 24% of their salaries.

The salary cap was not for competitions sake, it was for the owners who could not control their spending. That's the issue the players had with it. Some teams have been run well and will be fine, other's have not and will struggle.

The sabres - Should be good, Have almost a full team of young talent, solid goaltending and are under the cap.

The rangers - Have nobody under contract, and 2 of the guys they p have are over 6 million a year. good luck signing a whole new team, Looks like the Hartfor Wolfpack and Charlotte Checkers are moving on up. (I am a ranger fan, by the way)

Good luck finding Roenick at a stars game.

377318[/snapback]

Lord knows where anyone will be. If the agreement is as reported, cant wait to see how some of the GMs in the big revenue markets do now that they cannot just outspend everyone.

Guys like Booby Clarke are in my estimation in big trouble . Also, interested to see how darcy does on a level playing field

THis si good news, and i like the structure they have set up, but i basically guarantee that crosby is going to end up in new york...all the nes outlets have been hinting at that...

its going to be how cleveland "won" the draft lottery to take lebron...the fix was in there, and it will be in the NHL draft...

The salary cap was not for competitions sake, it was for the owners who could not control their spending.

The salary cap was for the survival of the league's sake. And the players and their agents are MORE to blame for the owners' spending than the owners themselves. It's not like owners want to overpay players: they are forced to do it because players and their agents demand tons of money, and the owners want to field a good team. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But the players' salaries had grown so out-of-proportion to the league's revenues that the owners realized they couldn't keep going that way, and wanted the salary cap to get players and their agents in-line with what the league could support.

Gosh, that looks tough.  How on earth is Jagr expected to feed his family on only $8M per year instead of $11M.  Tough times will have befallen him.  How he's gonna make it is beyond me.  The Jagr family will have to do some serious belt tightening. 

Sounds like an agreement whereby the guy in the wheelchair now permanently paralyzed who held his ground in a right of way issue with a truck just won some bucks in court.  It'll be interesting to see what impact this demonstration of greed on the players parts plays out on the parts of the fans and how that impacts the league in general.  I'd go watch college and minor league games instead.

377263[/snapback]

What odd reasoning. Well, it's good to know in these times of outrageous salaries in the NHL (even after a lockout) there is still a grassroots league like the NFL where the players play strictly for the love of the game and there is no such thing as an $8 million salary.

Point is, if the money turns you off so much why bother following any pro sport? Welcome to 2005.