No dancing with the stars threads??

She managed to stay on despite really bad dancing, and won for two reasons -- T and A. That, and a lot of eyeshadow. If you really look at her, she's not that beautiful. I thought the girl who danced with the former NKOTB was much hotter. O'Hurley was great throughout, and he was funny as hell.

Besides the liquor and the drugs which always seem to accompany such an event the thing that distresses me even more, Ren, is the spiritual corruption that can be involved. These dances and this kind of music can be destructive, and, uh, Ren, I'm afraid you're going to find most of the people in our community are gonna agree with me on this.

Besides the liquor and the drugs which always seem to accompany such an event the thing that distresses me even more, Ren, is the spiritual corruption that can be involved. These dances and this kind of music can be destructive, and, uh, Ren, I'm afraid you're going to find most of the people in our community are gonna agree with me on this.

376703[/snapback]

Let me guess....you're Stimpy?

LOL

I totally disagree with her winning. Too many soap opera fans voting for her. She had come along way but the other couple was better in my opinion. I think the judges went with them becausee of the prior incident of it being reported that they won the whole thing three weeks ago. I still think that for idol and all these shows one vote per person or telephone number.

Here is a great story about Kelly's partner Alec and his family, sent to me by my Father in Law in Texas. I watched this show from week 1 and didn't realized until I got this email last week that I had met him a few times and kicked a soccer ball around with him back when he was 12 years old:

.... we got an absolutely delightful surprise call... from San Francisco.... and from our past. A really good Horatio Alger tale. Some of you know the beginning of the story about 15 years ago when I got a call at Omni Elevator where I was working with our son-in-law. It was from a local Doc that said he was sponsoring an immigrant Jewish family (boys Genia 10 & Alec 12) that just arrived from the Soviet Union via Isreal! He said Anatoly was an engineer with 11 years experience in elevators and he was looking for a job for him. Omni hired him but, his English was so poor he could hardly communicate anything... and certainly not in the technical elevator stuff. So, he went to work in an electric motor repair shop as a minimum wage laborer.

They lived here for about two years and we helped them furnish their appartment since they came with only their clothes and no money. They are VERY talented people. Natasha was a ballerina when younger and a superb seamstress... and Anatoly is also a classical pianist. She sewed costumes for the local theater and at night he played piano in the lobby of a downtown hotel.

After a couple of years their Russian friends in San Francisco convinced them to move there for more opportunity. They left in a VERY old Datsun and we gave them a credit card for emergencies. We never doubted they would return it... and, if they used it they would repay us.

In SF they did many, many, things to try to get ahead. Anatoly drove a cab for a while and many other things. Natasha made costumes for th SF Ballet, cleaned houses, etc. They tried a jewelry store and a few other things. Each time moving up a bit and finally Anatoly got his Professional Engineer license in CA.

After about five years, Anatoly was working for Wells Fargo Bank in their computer operation. And, Natasha had started a ballroom dance school. The boys were good students in school and GREAT dance students. By the time they were in their late teens they were competing nationally. Alec went to the world competition in England at about 19.

Got an email from Anatoly about 7 or 8 years ago and he said they finally bought a home. First thing I thought of was something 50 miles from SF where they could afford it. But, the next sentence said they got one with an ocean view for only $450,000!!!! Blew me away... and sooo pleased for them.

We had exchanged emails but not talked in a few years till tonight. Anatoly called to tell us Alec is on ABC's "Dancing With The Stars" with his celebrity partner actress Kelly Monaco, star of ABC's General Hospital. Each professional dancer teaches their celebrity partner all the dances and they compete with other dance professionals partnered with other "stars". They eliminate one couple each week and Alec and Kelly are now one of two finalist couples. They will compete next Wed about 7:00PM or 8:00PM Central and we will be watching! If you are interested you can see some video clips on this ABC web site. Also, get the exact time and see Alec's bio... http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancing/bios/alec_mazo.html

Besides Alec's pro carreer in movies and TV, Genia is studying to be a lawyer, and Natasha runs the HUGE dance school they started. Anatoly still works for Wells Fargo... but, now he manages 150 people!!! He said we MUST come to visit them but, if we do, we must stay with them. They now have a $2,500,000 home!

Thought you might be interested in that little story of some poor Russian Jewish immigrants!!!. Pretty amazing what hard work can do for ANYONE in America! More of us born with this opportunity should take advantage of it like they did!!!