US Terror Level Alert raised

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At Quantico they still have signs at the gates telling threatcon level.  Alpha, Beta, Charlie, etc...  Charlie sucks becuase they pretty much search every vehicle going on base, and it can talk 30 minutes or more.

376546[/snapback]

We got a sign from the act in 1954... YES, 1954... threatening confiscation of all unauthorized cameras and drawings of the place... Full arials are on the internet.

:doh::doh:

Sure, how bout words instead of colors so I know what the hell the colors mean without having to look it up.

376540[/snapback]

Because a great percentage of the American population has a level of reading comprehension rivaling the gnat.

Actually having to discern a difference between green, yellow, orange and red - what a hardship... :doh:

Pssst... there ARE words associated with the colors.

376553[/snapback]

Because a great percentage of the American population has a level of reading comprehension rivaling the gnat.

Actually having to discern a difference between green, yellow, orange and red - what a hardship... :doh:

376555[/snapback]

Yeah, because I am going to memorize what words the colors go with. :doh:

Oh, and I forgot, whenever I am around the news (at an airport, on campus, in class, etc) I always have internet access to look it up! :doh:

In fact, if they just replaced the colors with the words there, it would help the public actually know what the hell the colors mean.

376555[/snapback]

Apparently that includes Blue Fire since he needs to look it up everytime the color changes. He must have taken too many drugs in college. :doh::lol::doh:

Apparently that includes Blue Fire since he needs to look it up everytime the color changes.  He must have taken too many drugs in college.   :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

376570[/snapback]

I've got other things I'd rather do then memorize what the colors mean, especially when they only change once in a blue moon. :lol:

Its retarded though, why not just use the words that the colors mean instead of the colors? Simpler = better.

Yeah, because I am going to memorize what words the colors go with.  :doh:

Oh, and I forgot, whenever I am around the news (at an airport, on campus, in class, etc) I always have internet access to look it up!  :doh:

In fact, if they just replaced the colors with the words there, it would help the public actually know what the hell the colors mean.

376567[/snapback]

Well, I'll give you this...I admire a man who hits rock bottom and continues to dig... :doh:

Tom Ridge is on record saying that the color-codes are very ineffective for relaying any useful information for citizens about the extent of what is going on and what will be happening. There aren't enough levels, and there needs to be more specific info.

What will happen at Red? Will everyone be forced to stay inside or be shot? Evacuate to Minnesota? Saying "Extreme Risk" is really passive information/instruction for citizens.

Tom Ridge is on record saying that the color-codes are very ineffective for relaying any useful information for citizens about the extent of what is going on and what will be happening. There aren't enough levels, and there needs to be more specific info.

What will happen at Red? Will everyone be forced to stay inside or be shot? Evacuate to Minnesota? Saying "Extreme Risk" is really passive information/instruction for citizens.

376578[/snapback]

Simple...we attack Connecticutt at dawn. :doh:

376578[/snapback]

"Extreme risk"

you must stand by the microwave or risk your hot pocket being stolen before its even fully cooked. :doh:

376578[/snapback]

This is what we use in the military.

Here's what DHS says to do at each level.

At some point we all have to use our imagination on this and try to think like the attackers would think. In my mind, the most vulnerable are those waiting around for the government to tell them what to do.

Sure, how bout words instead of colors so I know what the hell the colors mean without having to look it up.

376540[/snapback]

Exactly.

The colors seem like a good idea in theory, but to me, it just seems stupid. Colors? How about the President comes out and says "We are under a heightened state".

Seems to me, that would prove to be more effective in alerting the public.

Well, I'll give you this...I admire a man who hits rock bottom and continues to dig... :doh:

376577[/snapback]

Rock bottom? If you consider very plausable and an accurate rebuttle to what you said, with you never rebutting what I said rock bottom (why shouldn't they say the words instead of the colors? it would make it easier on everyone), then what the hell are you? Rock bottom's bottom?

We should have a map of the middle east and use color coded US nuclear threat warning levels for certain terrorist friendly states. Oh look, the Saudi and Iranian threat for a US Nuke attack has risen to an orange level today.

I know this is broad banded nationalistic hyperbole, but as Butters would say "I'm angry as all-heck today".

376555[/snapback]

I still don't know what the colors mean. I just listen for elevated, or whatever.

Rock bottom?  If you consider very plausable and an accurate rebuttle to what you said, with you never rebutting what I said rock bottom (why shouldn't they say the words instead of the colors?  it would make it easier on everyone), then what the hell are you?  Rock bottom's bottom?

376624[/snapback]

I love it when someone says what I said as I said plausably. Oh H*ll...

Valedictorian?

I love it when someone says what I said as I said plausably. Oh H*ll...

Valedictorian?

376665[/snapback]

More blabbering, this time about my choice of words since you couldn't come up with a counter argument for my point.