London condolense and information thread

I have just been in the House of Commons. The MPs are all visibly moved and did a good job of pushing through despite the trouble.

People are pouring onto the streets to walk home. Many people here have decided to bunk down at work over night to avoid problems in the hope that transport will be reinstated sometime tomorrow.

I have just been in the House of Commons. The MPs are all visibly moved and did a good job of pushing through despite the trouble.

People are pouring onto the streets to walk home. Many people here have decided to bunk down at work over night to avoid problems in the hope that transport will be reinstated sometime tomorrow.

376714[/snapback]

Rule, Britainnia, Nick.

Tell all your friends and family Americans stand squarely with you.

There are STILL no working mobile phone networks... Keep praying he is safe.

The landline network is working OK - so if he is near a landline phone he needs tro call someone soon.

376712[/snapback]

I'm sure he's fine...there's probably a quarter-million people in the financial district, and maybe 500 actually hurt or killed. Odds are in his favor.

My sister's freaked, though...not that I blame her, obviously, but I'm more worried about her than him at this point...

Shame people had to claim it over on PPP - we don't need debate yet.

376708[/snapback]

First, Nick, I'm glad you and all those you know are alright and I'm very sorry to hear of what happened today. But I respectfully disagree with the comment that we don't need debate yet. I suspect LONDON doesn't need debate yet, but the rest of the world does and will.

I learned something interesting right after 9/11 when I tuned in to see that night how the BBC was covering the terror, and while we were looking for bodies, they were actually discussing the effects it would have on the world's economy. I thought it cold at first, but then realized the thinking.

It's all relative to where you are when it happens. Doesn't mean we don't care any less.

First, Nick, I'm glad you and all those you know are alright and I'm very sorry to hear of what happened today. But I respectfully disagree with the comment that we don't need debate yet. I suspect LONDON doesn't need debate yet, but the rest of the world does and will.

I learned something interesting right after 9/11 when I tuned in to see that night how the BBC was covering the terror, and while we were looking for bodies, they were actually discussing the effects it would have on the world's economy. I thought it cold at first, but then realized the thinking.

It's all relative to where you are when it happens. Doesn't mean we don't care any less.

376837[/snapback]

It all seemed a little raw earlier... Sorry to be snappy...

We are all now looking at the effect on the global community and economy.......

I held my breath all the way home. Managed to get a train after having walked a way to the mainline station - home safe now... Gotta see about getting back to work tomorrow. They say the tubes will be running - so hopefully there shouldn't be too much disruption and it is back to business as usual.

Don't let the bastards get you down..........

We are all now looking at the effect on the global community and economy.......

I held my breath all the way home. Managed to get a train after having walked a way to the mainline station - home safe now... Gotta see about getting back to work tomorrow. They say the tubes will be running - so hopefully there shouldn't be too much disruption and it is back to business as usual.

Don't let the bastards get you down..........

376954[/snapback]

Glad you are home.

I've 2 nephews in the mideast - one in Iraq and one in Qatar. I spoke to them via email and they are seething. The Iraq lad is in the south, near to the British command area.

376954[/snapback]

(Bleep) that, Nick - you were here on TSW for 9/11, you remember what we were like that day. Be as 'snappy' as you damn well want to.

And stay safe, Bills brother. Our thoughts are with you, and with everyone affected by today's events.

Lots of things are back to normal now.

I headed in to work on the underground today - but not until after 10am so the rush hour was done with. Everything was fine - but there were lots of scared, jumpy people around...

The streets in Central London were very quiet - much less crowded than normal - most people it seems have taken the chance for a long weekend.

Lots of things are back to normal now.

I headed in to work on the underground today - but not until after 10am so the rush hour was done with. Everything was fine - but there were lots of scared, jumpy people around...

The streets in Central London were very quiet - much less crowded than normal - most people it seems have taken the chance for a long weekend.

377197[/snapback]

Glad to hear things are getting back to normal, Nick.

Stay safe and aware!

CW

Good friend of mine finally heard from his daughter in London. She was running late yesterday. She would have been at Russel Square when all this started.

Glad you're safe Nick, you too Brit.

377243[/snapback]

Good news hoss.

I thought this was an interesting article.  Good to see that most people are condemning the attacks (especially the Arab world).

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/08...lims/index.html

CW

377891[/snapback]

More like it's good to see that CNN is focusing on the majority of muslims who abhor the attacks rather than the handful dancing in the streets... :devil: