2004 Campaign Ads

I'm doing some research on the 2004 campaign in relation to party ID and party strategies, but I've run into a little brick wall.

I'm trying to find a breakdown of ads by state and then by type. For example:

----------

Florida

----------

John Kerry

------------

100 ads on Iraq War/Terrorism

90 ads on Social Security

80 ads on Integrity

80 ads on Social Security

George W. Bush

------------

80 ads on Integrity

I have thus far been unable to find this information. My ultimate goal is to use this data with Party ID data broken down by state (which I have) and top issues during the 2004 campaign (by party ID) to see what the campaigns targeted and how effective this advertising was.

Anyway, if anyone knows where I can find this information, I would appreciate it. :devil:

If you need help from a marketing perspective and how advertising influences consumers (or in this example, voters) let me know.

I'm doing some research on the 2004 campaign in relation to party ID and party strategies, but I've run into a little brick wall.

I'm trying to find a breakdown of ads by state and then by type.  For example:

----------

Florida

----------

John Kerry

------------

80 ads on Integrity

George W. Bush

------------

80 ads on Integrity

I have thus far been unable to find this information.  My ultimate goal is to use this data with Party ID data broken down by state (which I have) and top issues during the 2004 campaign (by party ID) to see what the campaigns targeted and how effective this advertising was.

Anyway, if anyone knows where I can find this information, I would appreciate it.  :devil:

376105[/snapback]

Are you including a section for 'issue ads' paid for by special interests (and who they were wink-wink-hint-hint supporting)?

376342[/snapback]

Good point. You need to analyze the impact of 527's on the campaigns. The candidate does not need to spend as much money on ads, since they have other organizations doing their work for them. Those other organizations can also be more aggressive in their advertising message, whereas the candidate needs to be more subdued.