London or Paris

Well there was no way they'd give it to NY. Bejing will get them before NY does.

376148[/snapback]

That's a pretty safe bet.

...errr, you were trying to be sarcastic, correct?

Well there was no way they'd give it to NY. Bejing will get them before NY does.

376148[/snapback]

Why dont't you put all of your posts in yellow, so we don't have to read a single word of it. :devil:

The bids were very similar, with the facilities, infrastructure (due to investment in new high speed rail links London's new infrastructure would match up closely with Paris) , venues etc being too close to call.

What swung it was the presentation. The Paris presentation film was effectively saying Paris is a great city and as such a great city deserves it. The London message was more the Olympics are great and we wish to run an event that will be inspirational for the young globally. So the IOC members got to see the normal blurb, very well done mind you, from France (and the other nations) whilst the London approach was so different that it stood out and appealed to the voters so despite the feeling that Paris would pick up votes for persistance (2 previous failed bids in the last 20 years) London won.

Of course with three failed bids in 20 years now maybe everybody just hates the French. :devil:

o.k. with the what happened today, London or Paris? Why London? Paris has arguably a much larger Muslim population, it's on the continent, etc. Why London, "the safest city in the world"?

Have you been there? France, that is?

377011[/snapback]

I assume you aren't replying to me, but in case your are yes several times begining in the mid 60's as an Air Force brat and all that crap that we (military families) endured.

I assume you aren't replying to me, but in case your are yes several times begining in the mid 60's as an Air Force brat and all that crap that we (military families) endured.

377020[/snapback]

I wasnt, I was replying to blue fire. Been there myself a few times.....

!@#$ I wish someone would reply to my post.

(lol, no I haven't been there, I would like to go someday though)

377082[/snapback]

But yet you can say :

The French are stinky

Would that be an Orange stinky alert or a Red stinky alert, since you've been there, please tell me how I should prepare. Since you know all color warnings about stinky French folks

too easy........ :lol:

Why dont't you put all of your posts in yellow, so we don't have to read a single word of it.  ;)

376227[/snapback]

:lol:

I like her new elephant though! The dump it's taking must be John Kerry. :lol:

;)

I like her new elephant though!  The dump it's taking must be John Kerry.  :lol:

377106[/snapback]

Surely you are aware of Operation Yellow Elephant? Don't tell me that once again I have the jump on you?

You'll be hearing a lot more about it in the future, I assure you.

But yet you can say :

Would that be an Orange stinky alert or a Red stinky alert, since you've been there, please tell me how I should prepare. Since you know all color warnings about stinky French folks

too easy........ :lol:

377095[/snapback]

I don't know what these colors mean. Its a 3 on a scale out of 5!