No good deed goes unpunished

Fellow in Texas saves a drowning man and gets tossed in the pokey for public interference...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/stor...5120469,00.html

375559[/snapback]

Good thing he didn't pull a kid out of the water in Illinois, he'd be a sex offender then as well. :lol:

I've got to believe those charges will be dropped. I can see the police hauling him in just because they're pissed he disobeyed a lawful order...but even if some dumbass ADA's stupid enough to prosecute, I can't see any jury convicting him of interfering when he actually saved the person the police were trying to save.

Good thing he didn't pull a kid out of the water in Illinois, he'd be a sex offender then as well.  :lol:

I've got to believe those charges will be dropped.  I can see the police hauling him in just because they're pissed he disobeyed a lawful order...but even if some dumbass ADA's stupid enough to prosecute, I can't see any jury convicting him of interfering when he actually saved the person the police were trying to save.

375562[/snapback]

Likely so. Last year in Cincinnati, a grand jury refused to indict a bar patron who wrestled a gun away and blew the alleged brains out of 1 of 2 punks holding up the establishment.