• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you think of cricket?

375431[/snapback]

"Dragons openers crush Gladiators

Twenty20 Cup, Sophia Gardens: Glamorgan 129-0 (12.3 ov) beat Gloucestershire 128 (18.1 overs) by 10 wickets.

Scorecard

Gloucestershire were left to sweat on a Twenty20 Cup quarter-final spot after a a 10-wicket defeat to Glamorgan.

Bowled out for only 128, the Gladiators could not stop Matthew Elliott (52no) and Robert Croft (62no) - plundering the 129 needed in only 12.3 overs.

An eighth-wicket partnership between Mark Alleyne and Jonathan Lewis worth 68 lifted the visitors from 57-7.

Elliott was in fine form as he cracked seven early fours and Croft bludgeoned three sixes in a 37-ball half-century."

Got it? :lol:

"Dragons openers crush Gladiators

Twenty20 Cup, Sophia Gardens: Glamorgan 129-0 (12.3 ov) beat Gloucestershire 128 (18.1 overs) by 10 wickets.

Scorecard

Gloucestershire were left to sweat on a Twenty20 Cup quarter-final spot after a a 10-wicket defeat to Glamorgan.

Bowled out for only 128, the Gladiators could not stop Matthew Elliott (52no) and Robert Croft (62no) - plundering the 129 needed in only 12.3 overs.

An eighth-wicket partnership between Mark Alleyne and Jonathan Lewis worth 68 lifted the visitors from 57-7.

Elliott was in fine form as he cracked seven early fours and Croft bludgeoned three sixes in a 37-ball half-century."

Got it?  :lol:

375596[/snapback]

"has a 13.50 ERA in his past 10 games, while Reed has allowed opponents to bat .368 after the sixth inning. " Gotcha

"Four more runs off Dye's single, a sacrifice fly by Juan Uribe and an RBI single by Scott Podsednik gave the Sox their fourth game with double-digit runs, and their second win over the Devil Rays this season. " OK.

"Buffalo Bisons Affiliation: Cleveland

Last 10: 5-5

Probable rotation: R Jeremy Guthrie, L Billy Traber

Team batting (IL rank): .279 (2nd)

Team ERA: 4.37 (8th)

Fast Fact: The Bisons went 16-14 in June after a franchise-record 23-7 May.

No Player Pos HR BI Avg

7 Phillips IF 11 32 .263

8 Inglett IF 1 13 .322

10 Abad OF 14 54 .263

12 Garko C 13 47 .272

13 Liefer OF 15 51 .317

15 Kinkade IF 11 50 .285

22 Gautreau IF 14 39 .290

23 Morban IF 0 0 .000

33 Bell IF 2 8 .242

37 Cooper OF 3 12 .240

45 Young OF 18 62 .309

50 Ludwick OF 2 5 .187

62 Wathan C 9 27 .285

No Pitcher R-L W L ERA

11 Tadano R 2 3 4.31

28 Guthrie R 7 7 5.94

31 Tallet L 5 2 3.57

32 Watkins R 5 1 4.44

38 Cabrera R 6 0 1.04

40 Traber L 3 3 4.08

49 Zerbe L 5 2 3.62

51 Carmona R 1 0 1.13

52 Davis R 3 0 3.38

57 Robbins R 1 4 2.83

59 Brown R 1 2 5.06

61 Cruceta R 5 3 5.52

Manager: Marty Brown (43).

Coaches: Felix Fermin (16), Mike Bell (33), Ken Rowe (34)."

Cos that lot is so much clearer...!

Hockey players do it on purpose.

375320[/snapback]

Agreed. And what would you rather get hit with, a fat inflated soccer ball on a free kick or a hard-as-a-rock baseball hit by a guy in an obvious bunting situation who decides to swing away when you're twenty feet from home plate?

Maybe I'm wrong but I've yet to hear about how someone's soccer career was ended because he got hit by a ball. Herb Score and Tony Conigliaro would have had longer careers as soccer players, I submit.

So what's not to like?

Next time any of you are in England I'll take you to a Cricket Match... It's superb.

375445[/snapback]

I played Cricket. There is nothing like taking your first catch or hitting a six. It is a superb game, but to the uninitiated no explanation is possible.

Damn.

:lol:

375313[/snapback]

To all of you who think you have to defend the game of soccer, bobble just posted one of the funniest pictures I have seen in a long time.

Why so sensitive?? :lol:

Notice everyone in the photo except #11 is protecting his "boys"? :lol:

I love soccer! Its a beautiful game. I had the opportunity to see Barcelona play at Camp Nu. Renaldino is probably the best player in the world today and he was amazing to watch in person

To all of you who think you have to defend the game of soccer, bobble just posted one of the funniest pictures I have seen in a long time.

Why so sensitive??  :lol:

Notice everyone in the photo except #11 is protecting his "boys"?  :lol:

375627[/snapback]

Thank you!

Actually, This is why I want to like soccer, but I do't want to go through all the trouble just go see this.

Thank you!

Actually,  This is why I want to like soccer

375705[/snapback]

What high school are they building that for?

That was supposed to be a 20,000-seat arena.

Then again, Frontier Field was supposed to have a fuggin roof...

What high school are they building that for?

That was supposed to be a 20,000-seat arena.

Then again, Frontier Field was supposed to have a fuggin roof...

375710[/snapback]

It's being built in phases. There will eventually be an upper deck on the opposite side. Once it is fully complete, it will hold 20,500.

I love soccer!  Its a beautiful game.  I had the opportunity to see Barcelona play at Camp Nu.  Renaldino is probably the best player in the world today and he was amazing to watch in person

375633[/snapback]

I'm not a day-to-day fan, but the World Cup is tremendous.

Actually there are two things that would have me UTTERLY JUBILANT  in this world:

1. A Bills Superbowl win. I would cry and be sick.

2. An England World Cup win. I would cry and be sick.

I have tears at the thought of both.

375394[/snapback]

Japan winning the Rugby World Cup. They have great fans and despite being overmatched on the world stage always show some spark no matter how far they're down.

For that matter I'd take the US, Canada, or any of the lesser countries, but Japan deserves a magical season...

Agreed. And what would you rather get hit with, a fat inflated soccer ball on a free kick or a hard-as-a-rock baseball hit by a guy in an obvious bunting situation who decides to swing away when you're twenty feet from home plate?

Maybe I'm wrong but I've yet to hear about how someone's soccer career was ended because he got hit by a ball. Herb Score and Tony Conigliaro would have had longer careers as soccer players, I submit.

I'll call you on that one BRH. I bet a lot more soccer players get broken noses than baseball players by a mile. Maybe their faces don't get broken like Tony C, but then again you don't see a lot of broken legs in baseball....