What the Bills can do for...

Just saw this on a sportscenter comercial for their 11:00 show. They said "what the bills can do for byron leftwich". Anyone know what this means?

(I know he is not being traded here so dont even say it....just wondering what the story might be...)

Just saw this on a sportscenter comercial for their 11:00 show.  They said "what the bills can do for byron leftwich".  Anyone know what this means?

(I know he is not being traded here so dont even say it....just wondering what the story might be...)

Trade Travis to the Jags. Without a running game, Leftwich will struggle and they'll go nowhere.

Thats probably why they showed TH in the promo as well.

1+1=... :)

:)

interesting.  wonder if things are heating up.

Most definitely. Like I've said several times, the Bills should just sit and wait. It's not like Taylor and Brown will heal before the start of training camp, so no reason to panic and deal Travis for a lowball draft pick. And at least in Taylor's case, he likely won't be ready to start the season and for sure won't be playing during training camp, so at worst the Jags are a fallback option. But as training camp opens, more RB's are likely to go down.

Mort said the same old stuff.

Talked about how the Bills are holding back with a 3rd rounder. Said the Jags could use him as an insurance policy. The Bills will wait until Training Camp to trade him to sweat it out from either the Jags or Titans.

However, what is interesting is Mort said that Fred Taylor will NOT be ready by Training camp. Interesting...

1+1=... :o 

:)

Most definitely.  Like I've said several times, the Bills should just sit and wait.  It's not like Taylor and Brown will heal before the start of training camp, so no reason to panic and deal Travis for a lowball draft pick.  And at least in Taylor's case, he likely won't be ready to start the season and for sure won't be playing during training camp, so at worst the Jags are a fallback option.  But as training camp opens, more RB's are likely to go down.

375285[/snapback]

That is why we wait and bide our time and stick it to them by asking for a 2nd rounder now! :)

I hope for Byron's sake that he plays a lot better in reality than he has in my GM simulated league. In 2 preseason games, he had about 345 yds, 1 TD and 5 INTs. In the season opener (a 27-13 loss), he had 184 yds, 0 TDs, and 4 INTs. Ugh!

Game 2 is scheduled to be simulated today. I can only pray for a reduction in turnovers from Mr Leftwich.

Go to the backup, you say? I would, but my backup QB is Jake (20 INTs last year) Plummer.

I hope for Byron's sake that he plays a lot better in reality than he has in my GM simulated league.  In 2 preseason games, he had about 345 yds, 1 TD and 5 INTs.  In the season opener (a 27-13 loss), he had 184 yds, 0 TDs, and 4 INTs.  Ugh! 

Game 2 is scheduled to be simulated today.  I can only pray for a reduction in turnovers from Mr Leftwich.

Go to the backup, you say?  I would, but my backup QB is Jake (20 INTs last year) Plummer.

375433[/snapback]

I think you should seriously consider firing your GM.

if Fred Taylor is unable to play at all this year...(which i do not know what the chances of that are)....i wonder what his cap hit to the Jags would be if they cut him.

Travis Henry's stats in 2002 and 2004 are very comprable to Fred Taylors in that same two year period. I hope for Travis' sake he goes to Jacksonville. I like the guy, and I hope he has a great year as long as he doesn't come back an haunt the Bills.

Trade Travis to the Jags.  Without a running game, Leftwich will struggle and they'll go nowhere.

375280[/snapback]

I doubt he'll go nowhere. All he'll have to do is keep the game close and wait until the last second of the game to beat a team that never in a million years would believe that half of them couldn't keep the ball away from the receiver.

All ya gotta do? KNOCK IT DOWN!

These are the days that it seems perfectly okay to mumble to yourself "Muuutherrr!@#$er".