I'm not going to attend my UCC church any more...

I really don't see how allowing gays to marry in your church is so frightening.  Are you worried that it might cause you to get the urge to switch teams?  I'm sure that no one will force you to attend their gay wedding.

375291[/snapback]

Maybe because it is a sin???

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe because it is a sin???

375342[/snapback]

Okay maybe it's a sin to you. If someone else doesn't have the same beliefs as you, why should they have their rights replaced by your religious views?

I really don't see how allowing gays to marry in your church is so frightening.  Are you worried that it might cause you to get the urge to switch teams?  I'm sure that no one will force you to attend their gay wedding.

375291[/snapback]

I don't see why JSP exercising his freedom to worship in a church that agrees with his beliefs is that big a deal anyway.

I mean, if you WANT to see this as some whole "gay rights" thing, go ahead...fact of the matter is, I completely disagree with him on most gay rights issues. But he's free to choose his church.

I don't see why JSP exercising his freedom to worship in a church that agrees with his beliefs is that big a deal anyway.

I mean, if you WANT to see this as some whole "gay rights" thing, go ahead...fact of the matter is, I completely disagree with him on most gay rights issues.  But he's free to choose his church.

375423[/snapback]

>>>> But he's free to choose his church.<<<<

No he is NOT, nor should he be. He should first make sure that the church passes a PC litmus test.

This has gone on far enough. The UCC has always been a progressive church. The joke between Unitarian Universalists and the UCC is that the UCC is for UU's who want more Jesus.

Many social/political movements have been born out of the UCC and they have always had an open-door policy. They even have a TV commercial with the messege that Jesus would never cast out specific classes of people. So if you are a social conservative the UCC may not be the church for you, but the UCC's door is open to you as well.

This has gone on far enough. The UCC has always been a progressive church. The joke between Unitarian Universalists and the UCC is that the UCC is for UU's who want more Jesus.

Many social/political movements have been born out of the UCC and they have always had an open-door policy. They even have a TV commercial with the messege that Jesus would never cast out specific classes of people. So if you are a social conservative the UCC may not be the church for you, but the UCC's door is open to you as well.

375518[/snapback]

Yes, well, my wife's family is well-intentioned, but ill-informed.

Thus, they're members of the UCC.

No thanks, the UCC was enough of a scam, anyway.

375850[/snapback]

Are you sure?!? I think I speak for everyone on the board when I say we would love to see you on the Today Show and tell Matt Lauer about Psychiatry and Scientology :lol:

Okay maybe it's a sin to you.  If someone else doesn't have the same beliefs as you, why should they have their rights replaced by your religious views?

375386[/snapback]

No, it's not just me. I assume the UCC is "Christian"; therefore they believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God. Therefore it is a "sin"; it is black and white, no doubt about it. It is NOT my religious views, it is what God commanded.

Calling yourself a Christian or Christian Church and allowing "gay marriage" would be an oxymoron equivalent to referring to your gay lifestyle as "marriage".

No, it's not just me.  I assume the UCC is "Christian"; therefore they believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God.  Therefore it is a "sin"; it is black and white, no doubt about it.  It is NOT my religious views, it is what God commanded.

Calling yourself a Christian or Christian Church and allowing "gay marriage" would be an oxymoron equivalent to referring to your gay lifestyle as "marriage".

375948[/snapback]

You can find rationale in the Word of God for slavery. Somehow popular opinion trumps that word today. It might not all be so black and white.

Also, try not to forget that Jesus embraced the outcasts of the time and saw them as people when others would not. When the scriptures conflict with justice, I believe we should choose the latter every time.

You can find rationale in the Word of God for slavery.  Somehow popular opinion trumps that word today.  It might not all be so black and white.

Also, try not to forget that Jesus embraced the outcasts of the time and saw them as people when others would not.  When the scriptures conflict with justice, I believe we should choose the latter every time.

375957[/snapback]

Amen

No, it's not just me.  I assume the UCC is "Christian"; therefore they believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God.  Therefore it is a "sin"; it is black and white, no doubt about it.  It is NOT my religious views, it is what God commanded.

375948[/snapback]

Do you take everything that is written in the Bible as the literal truth, black and white, no doubt about it?

I don't know much about UCC but if it is anything like the Catholic church, you have committed 51 sins last year for going to church only on Xmas plus all of the holy days that you missed.  Unfortunately, you're probably going to hell with the gays anyways.  :devil:  :devil:  :w00t:  :w00t:

376009[/snapback]

If only the people that THINK they're going to heaven get in I'd rather go to hell anyway. They're a self-righteous bunch. I couldn't imagine spending eternity with them.