More *Awesome* Journalism

Link

Governors have had much better luck in winning the Oval Office which has given several chiefs executives from various US states to weigh their chances in 2008. Chief among them is actor-turned-politician Arnold Schwarzenegger, currently head of California's state government.

The current governors of Massachusetts, New York, Iowa and Virginia, among others, are also said to be considering White House runs, hoping to following in the footsteps of another governor-turned-president George W. Bush.

Of course, he's not allowed to run, but whatever......

Link

Of course, he's not allowed to run, but whatever......

374604[/snapback]

Yeah. I remember seeing somewhere people have been pushing for a constitutional amendment to allow foreign born people to run for president. I'm Canadian so I'm not sure what the amending formula is, however I assume it is quite hard to change the constitution.

Yeah. I remember seeing somewhere people have been pushing for a constitutional amendment to allow foreign born people to run for president. I'm Canadian so I'm not sure what the amending formula is, however I assume it is quite hard to change the constitution.

374612[/snapback]

60% majority plus ratification by the States. It ain't easy.

60% majority plus ratification by the States.  It ain't easy.

374613[/snapback]

Wow! All of the states? In Canada I think it is 7 of 10 provinces, however from what I have heard the states have far more power in the US than the provinces do in Canada.

Wow! All of the states? In Canada I think it is 7 of 10 provinces, however from what I have heard the states have far more power in the US than the provinces do in Canada.

374615[/snapback]

Not all. 75% of states.

On the radio while I was doing the Bataan Death March with shovel and sand:

"Gov. Mitt Romney today signed a bill banning gay marriage. Unfortunately, he didn't sign a bill banning gay names.... Mitttttt Rommmmney."

374681[/snapback]

;)

Someone actually said he was thinking of running for President. Sorry, no way a guy named after baseball equipment ever wins the White House.

;)

Someone actually said he was thinking of running for President.  Sorry, no way a guy named after baseball equipment ever wins the White House.

374842[/snapback]

I think the fact that he's named after baseball equipment makes him more qualified to run.

Baseball is America's pasttime.