What an amazing,day to be an American

What an amazing day. I got the opportunity to march in a parade here in Lexington Kentucky for the 4th of July. I marched with Marines from WWII,Korea, Vietnam to present. I had the privilege to push an 78 year old vet in his wheel chair during the parade, Even the young Marine Organization marched with us. The theme was Marines past present and futcher. The crowd was amassing we got stand ovations thru out the hole two mile parade route. I have never been prouder after 17 year of being a Marine as I am today to be a Marine.

What an amazing day. I got the opportunity to march in a parade  here in Lexington Kentucky for the 4th of July. I marched with Marines from WWII,Korea, Vietnam to present. I had the privilege to push an 78 year old vet in his wheel chair during the parade, Even the young Marine Organization marched with us. The theme was Marines past present and futcher. The crowd was amassing we got stand ovations thru out the hole two mile parade route. I have never been prouder after 17 year of being a Marine as I am today to be a Marine.

374492[/snapback]

congrats and many thanks...you are a good man...

I wasn't a big fan of the 4th back when I was on active duty. They always had us committed to doing some sort of airborne/air assault show for a crowd. Either jumping out of a plane or fast roping out of a blackhawk. We'd manifest at 4am and TOT would be around noon. It was always dark by the time we got back and turned in weapons. I don't miss that one bit.