Road-Kill... What have you Contributed to the Road

1 Rabbit. On Christmas Day. Doing 100MPH on a deserted Motorway. Poor think looked like a dirty plastic bag to me until my wife erupted into tears at the spray of guts going 15ft into the air behind the car.

Kinda ruined her Xmas day and now she won't let me drive between our folks places on Christmas... So every other year I am stuck at the damn in-laws!! :)

374648[/snapback]

;):(:lol:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a related story, three Vietnamese families ate dog on the same day. ;)

374710[/snapback]

That is exactly what happened, in each case those dogs were scooped right off the road in minutes. Didn't see them go in a pot, but I'm sure they were food. :(

I knew a guy years back that had a Yugo. He was driving up to his hometown in Vermont (does the Yugo/Vermont stereotype sound funny to anyone else?) and ran over a large deer carcass - actually launched him airborne, and blew out all four tires. ;) Some months later, he lost control of it and ended up upside down off the road in 6 inches of water - he just left it there and never went back. I actually missed that car because of the stories and jokes it generated.

I've actually been hit by a dog. I was driving down the street near my house, heading to work and this dumb dog runs out from his yard and right into the passenger door of my truck. I stopped, got out and went to check on the dog when the owner came out. The dog was dazed and the owner said it's the second time he's done that. There wasn't any damage to the door so I went on my way but the dog must have had one hell of a head ache.

I also have hit an armadillo, which make one horendous sound when you drive over it, all you hear is this loud crunching sound. I looked back and it was all over the road behind me. I didn't stop then but when I got to the next exit on the highway, I stopped to fill up and checked for any dillo remains, which thankfully there weren't any. They sound cool running over though. Kinda of like opening a walnut.

I've actually been hit by a dog. I was driving down the street near my house, heading to work and this dumb dog runs out from his yard and right into the passenger door of my truck. I stopped, got out and went to check on the dog when the owner came out. The dog was dazed and the owner said it's the second time he's done that. There wasn't any damage to the door so I went on my way but the dog must have had one hell of a head ache.

I also have hit an armadillo, which make one horendous sound when you drive over it, all you hear is this loud crunching sound. I looked back and it was all over the road behind me. I didn't stop then but when I got to the next exit on the highway, I stopped to fill up and checked for any dillo remains, which thankfully there weren't any. They sound cool running over though. Kinda of like opening a walnut.

374760[/snapback]

Armadillo.

Opossum on the half shell.

I killed a squirrel on my bicycle when I was 16 -- the same year that I almost hit a deer going 45 mph near Letchworth State Park (on bike).

I have hit a pheasant (not a peasant) which exploded like a feather pillow.

And I have hit a bobcat.

374760[/snapback]

I've actually been hit by a dog before, too. I was on my way to the office one morning, driving down 55 (an extremely busy 2 lane highway during rush hour). Well, they are widening the road and a construction crew was out there and one of the idiots finds a 30 foot space between me and the car in front of me, so he sprints across, as I'm cursing him for taking that chance. He must have had his dog with him, because before I knew it, a dog hits the side of my car. Unfortunately, he didn't make it. The poor thing went under my rear tire, he must have hit the bottom part of the door and straight down.

Other than that, a couple of rabbits, birds, squirrels and you can run over frogs just going out my driveway on a daily basis.

A man ran into my station wagon years ago. Larry was driving it. He had 3 guys with him from a trip to FT. Erie track. He was slowing down for a traffic light at Yorkshire corners and this idiot came on a full run right into the car. He dented the metal piece between the drivers window and the windshield. dents on the roof and the hood. DumbASS SOB. Our insurance went up. He was taken to the hospital, must have been on drugs. Larry had tons of witnesses.

1 cat -it lived

many squirrels-they didn't

1 fox-didn't

2 deer- 1 lived the other didn't

3 possums-nope

1 raccoon-nada

many many woodchucks- if they are on the shoulder they are fair game ;)

1 friggen idiot on a bike that tried to beat the light. Tried being the key word.

This haunts me to this very day......

When I was stationed back in Cape Cod I was driving to my duty station and a Mother duck was crossing the road with a line of babies behind her........

I slowed my Mazda RX7 down to a crawl and let them all go by........then once they were across I revved up the engine and took off......

A baby duck who had been fallen behind jumped out into the street and SQUISH I turned it into a little yellow spot on the road.

You should have seen the way those ducks looked at me.....I litterally started crying.....and I had a hard time working that day......

It haunts me still

When I was stationed back in Cape Cod I was driving to my duty station and a Mother duck was crossing the road with a line of babies behind her........

I slowed my Mazda RX7 down to a crawl and let them all go by........then once they were across I revved up the engine and took off......

A baby duck who had been fallen behind jumped out into the street and SQUISH I turned it into a little yellow spot on the road.

You should have seen the way those ducks looked at me.....I litterally started crying.....and I had a hard time working that day......

It haunts me still

374888[/snapback]

You need therapy

It haunts me still

374888[/snapback]

PTSD from squishing a duck? Is there something in the water in California?