Price for Travis going up

Now, wait a minute! We could speculate on why TD refuses to budge on his demands for TH.  On second thought, naaaah! I'm too old to take the abuse I would receive. Besides, we only deal in FACTS here! No place for speculation on TSW! Right?

373804[/snapback]

TD already has budged on his demands......

he intially asked for a 2nd and dropped that to a 3rd........

A 3rd AND a conditional second?

You have a better chance of being elected president.

373810[/snapback]

I'd take a conditional 3rd and Calico in a heartbeat, but a conditional 3rd, no. I wouldn't even take the Jags 3rd because there is a strong possibility their pick is going to be in the second half of the third round. I guess I just don't care to GIVE Henry away when we have a starter who has blown both tires and who seemed a bit tentative late in the season when the weather got cold. And a 3rd rounder next year does nothing for us this year, and after watching the offense go from good to dreadful while waiting for the savior, Willis, to get healthy, right now I'm just not hot on creating roster voids for the sake of "next year" so soon after the last sacrificial season.

I like the idea of loading up on weapons for Losman and I think the Bills have just two legitimate wideouts(Moulds and Evans) and if they get hurt the other two options(Achin' and Reed) can be covered by the most pedestrian of defensive backs. Parrish is nothing more than a slot receiver. Calico would give the Bills a matchup they don't have right now(at WR or TE) with his size, and he has the speed to develop into a great deep threat. Calico could also fill Travis' role with the permiscuous young ladies in Buffalo, but that's another story.

According to Billsdaily.com, the Titans are willing to give a conditional 3rd for Travis.  But the Bills want a straight-up 3rd, and the Jags are still considered the favorite.  I say this is good news, and holdout for more.  It's not like Taylor and Brown will be healthy and/or able to magically shake injury problems, and more RB's will likely go down.

http://billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#070205

373697[/snapback]

What exactly are the conditions?

Does anyone know?

Is it starts, carries, yards?

Wasn't specified, but it usually involves the above parameters.

374023[/snapback]

Yeah, I don't really like the conditional idea.

If we trade fine, then he is their's and they can do what they want.

What if their O-line is terrible, he gets small numbers and our pick drops

to a fourth?

Forget that.

Yeah, I don't really like the conditional idea.

If we trade fine, then he is their's and they can do what they want.

What if their O-line is terrible, he gets small numbers and our pick drops

to a fourth?

Forget that.

I agree. They could also limit his carries, especially if it's the Titans, who aren't going anywhere this year. That's why I say minimum 3rd that can become a 2nd (or more).