He grabbed girl's arm -- now he's a sex offender

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is this is not a sex crime. Being labeled a sex offender is something that will follow him his entire life. You can't tell me that they couldn't find something else to charge him with. They only have about 2 millions laws on the books to choose from. I guess members of scientology are the only ones allowed to grab a hold of someone and lecture them on right and wrong. :devil:

Hey, they're not sending him to jail. All they are doing is making sure a new community he may move into knows that he feels it's OK to grab other people's children when they j-walk.

If I were a parent, I would like to know if this guy lived in my comunity so I could have my metal softball bat ready for when he decides its time to give my child pedestrian lessons, while grabbing her arm...

373620[/snapback]

You have to be friggin' kidding me.

Anyone named "Fitzroy" should automatically have to register as a sex offender.

373547[/snapback]

LMAO! :devil:

The problem is this is not a sex crime.  Being labeled a sex offender is something that will follow him his entire life.  You can't tell me that they couldn't find something else to charge him with.

373663[/snapback]

And I agree with you there. I'd rather have a heavy fine then having to be labeled sex offender. That's a tough thing to live with. When people hear "sex offender", they don't care to know what you've done, they just want to stay away from you.

Please don't ever reproduce.  Please.

373630[/snapback]

OK... so you feel it's ok for others [ie random guy] to get out of their car and put their hands on little kids to make sure they learned their lesson about j-walking?

OK... so you feel it's ok for others [ie random guy] to get out of their car and put their hands on little kids to make sure they learned their lesson about j-walking?

373913[/snapback]

I honestly hope that people care enough about my kid to tell them not to be a dumbass when they're being one. When I was younger if you acted up in my neighborhood it was pretty much open season regardless of who the adult was. We're not a better country because everyone feigns ignorance when they see kids doing stupid sh--.

But we can pretend that it's good for your sake.

373913[/snapback]

You do understand, of course, that there's a difference between grabbing a child by the arm and sexually assaulting a child, right?

Like I said...the guy would get off easier if he'd just punched her in the face. Then he'd serve his time and be out and done with it. Now he's labelled a "sex offender" for the rest of his life for something that, whatever it was, was fundamentally not sexual in nature. And this somehow seems okay to you?

The best part is the judge's quote:

n the criminal case against him, Cook County Judge Patrick Morse said that "it's more likely than not" Barnaby planned only "to chastise the girl" when he grabbed her, but "I can't read his mind."

That's great, you can't read his mind, so he's guilty.

CW

CW

373999[/snapback]

That's probably somewhere in the Constitution. The most hated professions in our society are Politician and Lawyer, yet you put a $23 black robe on someone who's both and they are sages.

Idiot.

CW

373999[/snapback]

Yup, the first thing that crosses my mind when an idiot walks in front of my car while driving is to sexually assult them. What a fuggin moron.

:huh:  :)  ;)  :doh:

There has to be some way he can appeal this, right?

374007[/snapback]

That was the appeals court ruling. He's got one more level- the Ill Supreme Court.

To Stojan: If your kid acts like a efftard in public, I will most likely chastise him or her. If he then acts like a punk after I chastise him, I may grab him to make sure I've got his attention, and then reiterate my point.

That's miles away from being a sex offender.

To Stojan: If your kid acts like a efftard in public, I will most likely chastise him or her. If he then acts like a punk after I chastise him, I may grab him to make sure I've got his attention, and then reiterate my point.

374020[/snapback]

And that's the point where both of your kneecaps would be shattered from a baseball bat.

And more importantly, what the hell would chastising the kid do anyway? When I was younger, if I had mistakenly run into traffic, the scare of almost getting hit would be lesson enough. Some weird old man grabbing me and yelling at me would do nothing.

Really, WHAT did this old man think would get accomplished from this? "Oh, I yelled at her, she'll never run into the street again...

And that's the point where both of your kneecaps would be shattered from a baseball bat.

On the bright side, that's the point where you get arrested and never see your child again (except on visitation days). So I guess things really do even themselves out. :huh:

Really, WHAT did this old man think would get accomplished from this? "Oh, I yelled at her, she'll never run into the street again...

The guy's 28, that's not "an old man."

CW

374047[/snapback]

Probably he was pretty upset that he almost hit a kid. This stupid girl almost gets herself killed and his life would've turned into a living nightmare (including the guilt of living with the fact that someone died after being hit by the car you were driving).

Being upset enough to grab someone's arm after something like that makes sense.

Attacking someone with an aluminum baseball bat for grabbing someone's arm does not.

On the bright side, that's the point where you get arrested and never see your child again (except on visitation days).  So I guess things really do even themselves out.  :huh:

The guy's 28, that's not "an old man."

CW

374055[/snapback]

1) So you would take not action if some man grabbed your daughter's arm? Tells me alot about you.

2) Sorry about calling him an old man. His age isn't an issue. No one that is not related to me and isnt an authority figure doing their job should ever touch a child who is related to me.

Obviously we are not going to agree on this. Do i think the guy is a child molestor? Most likely not. But he isn't in the news right now because he did what was right. He grabbed someone else's child. Shouldn't have. Now he's screwed.