Bills/Browns DVD available!

Have you ever looked at the 'extra' directory on the DVDs I make?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever looked at the 'extra' directory on the DVDs I make?

• Yes, love it!
    • Yes, it's ok.
    • No, no DVD-ROM
    • No, I only want the game!
    • There's an 'Extra' directory???

All,

The Bills/Browns game is now complete. My new PC *screams* and I actually got all of the work done in one night (!!), and I think with better quality video than any of my previous games (maybe it's just because I'm tired... But it DOES look good!)

The disk has the game, as well as the stats and a recap (non-video). There are some extra PC-only features on the disk, but mainly just some pcitures, play-by-play, and a nice pre-game document (PDF). Nothing too special though.

Check out the thread in the Trading Post if interested, and send me a PM or email.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=9546

The poll is because I'm trying to figure out how many people actually use/know about the "Extras" directory I put on the disk. Just curious if I should be spending my time on it or not. :(

CW

any idea on what other games you'd like to put onto DVD to satisfy our Bills fix?

372470[/snapback]

Not sure which one I'm doing next, although it's probably going to be the Bills/Rams game. I have most (if not all) of our 9 victories from last year ready to be converted. Just need to find the time :(

CW

I still haven't done anything about SB XXV...you think people are really interested in this one?

372681[/snapback]

Hmmm, i have been thinking about it too...i do have a complete tape of the game, so i'd be willing to send it to fez...

Hmmm, i have been thinking about it too...i do have a complete tape of the game, so i'd be willing to send it to fez...

372683[/snapback]

I've got it, too, and I can convert it for him to DVD so he can focus on other projects if he wants.

But only if people really want it. I mean, I haven't had the nads to pop it in the VCR even once in the last fifteen years, and I can't see myself wanting to anytime soon.

i hear ya rubes, its tough...another thing i do have tho and would be willing to send to fez to make into a DVD, is the 1990 Bills Team Yearbook/hilight reel...goes through every game, and about 45-60mins long...its really a great video and i watch it all the time...

I figure this is impossible but I would love to own just one game which represents the kind of RB OJ was like. I have tried to describe his running style to my wife - kind of like Barry Sanders except north to south and with the strength of an Edgerrin James. I doubt anyone has any video of OJ though. VCRs came out...what...in the late 70's?

Maybe McGahee will look like that this year - hopefully he will have a better home life in any case. sigh

i hear ya rubes, its tough...another thing i do have tho and would be willing to send to fez to make into a DVD, is the 1990 Bills Team Yearbook/hilight reel...goes through every game, and about 45-60mins long...its really a great video and i watch it all the time...

372703[/snapback]

I have the 88 and 89 versions, too. Those were AWESOME. Thanks for reminding me...would people like to see those? Could easily get them both onto one DVD...as well as the '90 version, although I don't think I have that one.

I have the 88 and 89 versions, too. Those were AWESOME. Thanks for reminding me...would people like to see those? Could easily get them both onto one DVD...as well as the '90 version, although I don't think I have that one.

372926[/snapback]

i'd be willing to send you or fez my '90 version, but i warn ya, the missed kick is gutt wrenching...and maybe you could make an 88-89-90 DVD...i'd definitely be interested in that...

i'd be willing to send you or fez my '90 version, but i warn ya, the missed kick is gutt wrenching...and maybe you could make an 88-89-90 DVD...i'd definitely be interested in that...

372939[/snapback]

An excellent idea. I'll take a peek at what I have at home and see how feasible this is. Could be an awesome DVD. I'll let you know when I do.

Think anybody would have any legal problems with this?

I don't have a quick procedure down for transferring VHS to DVD yet (I will someday, but I'm too busy right now). So if Rubes (or anyone else for that matter) wants to do the transfers from VHS to DVD, I could still distribute them with the rest of my games (like I do with the AFC CHampionship game). That's probably the best of both worlds.

I gotta figure out which game I'm going to do next. :devil:

Next year, I'm hoping to have games done the same week they're played. We'll see if that's just wishful thinking or not... I'm also planning on trying to record Bills/Packers scrimmage.

Also, based on the poll results, I'm going to make mention of the 'extras' in the Traiding Post forum. :D

CW

Chris, for every disc you've made that has these extras, I look at it all.  I especially like the post game highlights, particularly those from NFL Primetime.

373648[/snapback]

Those actually aren't the extras I'm talking about -- I'm talking about HTML files, JPG images, PDF files, and stuff of that type that you can view on your PC. :devil:

BTW - the "Sounds of the Game" has an easter egg hidden on one of the mensu where you can see an awesome fan-created video that's been circulating the net in the past. If you have that disk, search for it. :D

CW