Rod Woodson thinks JP will struggle

TA broke down the AFC east today. Rod Woodson named JP as the only reason why the Bills will not contend with The Pats for the best of the east. Then he went on and on trying to get Dante Robinson of the Texans to say he will pick off not one but two passes in the season opener, which CB Robinson DID NOT do.

Screw you Rod.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TA broke down the AFC east today. Rod Woodson named JP as the only reason why the Bills will not contend with The Pats for the best of the east. Then he went on and on trying to get Dante Robinson of the Texans to say he will pick off not one but two passes in the season opener, which CB Robinson DID NOT do.

Screw you Rod.

372380[/snapback]

What a wanker. At least Robinson showed some smarts/class by not falling for Woodson's baiting.

Screw you Rod.

You know what they say. Opinions are like, well, Rod Woodson in this case.

The opinion of any commentator or magazine means absolutely nothing to me, especially when they have so little to base it off of.

I just don't take the opinion of anybody outside the NFL that seriously. If these prognosticators were that good they would be part of an NFL organization and not on the the NFL network.

90% of the people on this board know more about the players of this team then anybody in the media. How many "football experts" watched every snap the Bills had from last season? Or feverishly read the profiles of every player we drafted the past 10 years? The fact is most Bills fans are obsessed, we follow every minuscule aspect of this team and we do it religiously.

Sure many commentators have played at the professional level, but that doesn’t make them experts in talent evaluation. These guys ask a couple questions, do a few hours of research, and then form an opinion. I take the knowledge of some on this board more seriously then that.

Yeah, don't listen to Rod Woodson, he doesn't know anything about football. :(

Except maybe he is one of the greatest to ever play the game, and geez he made a huge living reading Qb's.

I hope he is wrong, but he sure knows more than the average bear.

Yeah, don't listen to Rod Woodson, he doesn't know anything about football.  :(

Except maybe he is one of the greatest to ever play the game, and geez he made a huge living reading Qb's. 

372400[/snapback]

Actually, he's just making the easy prediction. Odds are, JP WILL struggle. Donahoe and Co. are going against the grain expecting a first-time starting QB to lead this team to the playoffs - it would be the exception to the rule. Yes, Big Ben also was the exception, and quite possibly JP will beat the odds - but I don't think it's that crazy of a prediction.

A crazier prediction would be that Holcomb starts the opener even though JP is healthy - that happens to be my prediction.

Screw you Rod.

372380[/snapback]

It's funny, you read the comments in this thread and its hard not to think back to when Bledsoe came here. Same comments with the difference that everyone was wrong, not just those making the comments. LOL

The opinion of any commentator or magazine means absolutely nothing to me, especially when they have so little to base it off of.

372398[/snapback]

I agree. Unless they say something good about the Bills. Then I'm all for it. :(

Yeah, don't listen to Rod Woodson, he doesn't know anything about football.  :(

I'd put more credence into what he said IF he's seen JP perform in mini-camp or OTA's, but he hasn't. I think he's also seriously discounting the defense, ST's, and surrounding offense, who will all help him take the burden off of his shoulders.

Actually, he's just making the easy prediction.  Odds are, JP WILL struggle.  Donahoe and Co. are going against the grain expecting a first-time starting QB to lead this team to the playoffs - it would be the exception to the rule.  Yes, Big Ben also was the exception, and quite possibly JP will beat the odds - but I don't think it's that crazy of a prediction.

A crazier prediction would be that Holcomb starts the opener even though JP is healthy - that happens to be my prediction.

372413[/snapback]

There is no question in my mind that JP will struggle this year. The questions I have are how badly will he struggle, and how quickly will he learn and adapt. For as many accolades as Big Ben got last year, he struggled toward the end of the season. I think JP will be fine, but also that he will have many ups and downs this season. Hopefully more of the up variety, and enough to get the Bills to the playoffs. I have a feeling '05 will be much like '04 for the Bills - slow start, then a big push in the middle and they come up just short of the playoffs in the end.

All Rod Woodson, really said is that he loves the bills defense, but he expects JP to struggle, that he doesn't expect him to be this years Ben Roethlsiberger. I don't see anything wrong with what he said........ I'll support losman but the kid doesn't deserve praise yet. He hasn't proven anything

woodson is entitled to his opinion. he didn't trash the kid from what i can tell. nobody would have predicted that big ben would play the way he did either, before last season.

relax.

That's a fair comment since most rookies have a learning curve, especially QB's. The games start in Sept. and until then, everyone is entitled to their expert opinion, since it can't be proven either way ands isn't worth 2 cents...

rod must not like unknown qbs or something. maybe he's still upset that the good reverand frank reich whooped him 13 years ago. i'm not entirely mad at his comments though. he's taking the safe bet that jp will struggle. that's what commentators do, they take the safe bet. just keep rod in the "save until you delete" category to prove him wrong after the champagne wears off after the bills win the bowl.

Actually, he's just making the easy prediction.  Odds are, JP WILL struggle.  Donahoe and Co. are going against the grain expecting a first-time starting QB to lead this team to the playoffs - it would be the exception to the rule.  Yes, Big Ben also was the exception, and quite possibly JP will beat the odds - but I don't think it's that crazy of a prediction.

372413[/snapback]

JP will struggle no more than Drew did last year in running a dumbed down offense.

Screw you Rod.

372380[/snapback]

Sorry, but I love hearing comments like that. What do you want, him saying how great JP's gonna be? The Bill's are a lock for ther playoffs? I don't want that at all, I want the "experts" writing off the Bills every chance they get. Then we can laugh at them when they start playing the games for real.