WM a serious holdout?

When's the last time a great running back carried his team to the title? When's the last time a team without a great running back won the title?

Great runningbacks are consolation prizes. You can spend December getting excited about the playoffs or you can spend it getting excited about whether your guy is going to top 1,500 yards. Save your money - a good running back is good enough.

373518[/snapback]

hmm. corey dillon was one of the top running backs in the league last year. marshall faulk is pretty good too. and the cowboys won 3 super bowls not so long ago with emmett smith. and then there's terrell davis ...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willis has a chance to be the next great Bills RB, but he has already had 2 knee re-constructions in his brief football career,  and I think it's fair to assume he is high risk for another based on past histories of guys like Jamal Anderson, Shawn Bryson and Terrell Davis who blew out knees, got patched, and did it again. 

373313[/snapback]

Is this right?. I didn't know that one in the Nat. Championship was his second. Was it on the same knee?

hmm. corey dillon was one of the top running backs in the league last year. marshall faulk is pretty good too. and the cowboys won 3 super bowls not so long ago with emmett smith. and then there's terrell davis ...

374976[/snapback]

In reference to

When's the last time a great running back carried his team to the title? When's the last time a team without a great running back won the title?

Great runningbacks are consolation prizes. You can spend December getting excited about the playoffs or you can spend it getting excited about whether your guy is going to top 1,500 yards. Save your money - a good running back is good enough.

373518[/snapback]

Dillon, whom the Bengals let go? Doesn't sound like a one in a million back to me. And as for carrying the team to the title, I'm not sure I'd personify the Rams and Cowboys offense as Faulk and Emmit Smith.

A better argument can be made for Terrell Davis, and especially for Jamal Lewis in 2001.

I have not heard or seen any theats from WM to hold out at all.  As best as I can tell some folks looking for something to B word about in these dog days may be ranting about this because WM has Rosenhaus as his agent,

If anyone has links to some actual threats from WM, I'd love to see them (its certainly possible as I do not see everything and my wife will tell you for sure i don;t know much at all, but the concerns some folks seem to have of this alleged holdout seem little more than folks getting their panties into a wad over something way down the pike if it happens at all.

372393[/snapback]

actually, donohoe and rosenhaus have a decent working relationship going back to their days in pittsburgh.

In reference to

Dillon, whom the Bengals let go? Doesn't sound like a one in a million back to me. And as for carrying the team to the title, I'm not sure I'd personify the Rams and Cowboys offense as Faulk and Emmit Smith.

A better argument can be made for Terrell Davis, and especially for Jamal Lewis in 2001.

375201[/snapback]

Have to disagree...Emitt Smith was the heart and soul of that Dallas Cowboys

offense. His presence helped them set up play-action. The guy had monster

seasons during those 3 SB years...

Did you see Corey Dillon play last year...He was the most under-rated RB

in the league last year and quitely had a monster season....The bengals always

had issues with retaining good players in the last decade. Which player likes to play for a losing team day in day out ?