Come for football stay for the jugs!

"Renegades game day experience to involve south side Mardi Gras style party beginning on Canada Day!"

"The female collecting the most bead necklaces at the end of the day will win the $1,000 cash prize. The Mardi Gras promotion will ONLY be occurring in the upper deck of the south side - notorious for being the rowdy are of the stadium."

Now can someone remind me just how to get awarded a necklace ?!!

http://slam.canoe.ca/RenegadesNews05/0629b.html

Marc in Montréal

If there are any cheap south side seats left tomorrow, I might go watch. They're super cheap. It's also Canada Day tomorrow, which is a blast in Ottawa. It's not exactly NFL, but it's definitely a decent substitute until the big boys play in September.

And yes, there will be boobies. Good ol' liberal Canada.

why is Canada day so close to the 4th of July and why is boxer day so close to Christmas?

372460[/snapback]

Well, you see, it's boxing day. Not boxer day. And, I can't tell if you're joking or not, but it's so close to Christmas because that's when the sales are. Forgive me for taking you seriously if you weren't being serious. And forgive me for that last sentence if you were being serious.

Canada Day? Well, I guess early July is a popular time for country-makin'.

Boxing Day is the day after Christmas.

I'm not sure how old it is but it goes way back. It was the day the "Gentry" or Lords of the Manor would put their leftover food from the Christmas meal into boxes and give it out to the starving peasants who came to the kitchen door.

Not sure when it actually became a holiday. Don't have time to Google right now.