• Rommel
    • Gudarian

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pfff. Tukachevsky's not an option?

For that matter, where the hell's Genghis Khan? He introduced all the basic principles long before Guderian or anyone else. Hell, Genghis Khan was coordinating multiple forces along multiple operational axes separated by hundreds of miles in the 13th Century...it took the rest of the world seven hundred years to even approach that standard. I'd like to see Guderian coordinate the encirclement of Kiev with flags and bonfires...

Pfff.  Tukachevsky's not an option? 

For that matter, where the hell's Genghis Khan?  He introduced all the basic principles long before Guderian or anyone else.  Hell, Genghis Khan was coordinating multiple forces along multiple operational axes separated by hundreds of miles in the 13th Century...it took the rest of the world seven hundred years to even approach that standard.  I'd like to see Guderian coordinate the encirclement of Kiev with flags and bonfires...

371486[/snapback]

Nice deflection. No argument, so you jump on something totally irrelevant.

WHO actually forwarded Armor theory in Germany through the late 20's and early 30's? AND who made it work?

Huh. Wasn't Tukachevsky. He was a reactive and learned from Heinz.

Guedarian > Rommel

Pfff.  Tukachevsky's not an option? 

For that matter, where the hell's Genghis Khan?  He introduced all the basic principles long before Guderian or anyone else.  Hell, Genghis Khan was coordinating multiple forces along multiple operational axes separated by hundreds of miles in the 13th Century...it took the rest of the world seven hundred years to even approach that standard.  I'd like to see Guderian coordinate the encirclement of Kiev with flags and bonfires...

371486[/snapback]

This was from a guy whose services best Generals were a nutcase who started the Korean War because he didn't follow orders and stop, and the Supreme Commander who later became president even though he finished last in his class at West Point. You expect him to know what a good general is?

Nice deflection. No argument, so you jump on something totally irrelevant.

WHO actually forwarded Armor theory in Germany through the late 20's and early 30's? AND who made it work?

Huh. Wasn't Tukachevsky. He was a reactive and learned from Heinz.

Guedarian > Rommel

371495[/snapback]

Tukachevsky was a reactive that learned from Guderian? :P Uh, sure...that must be why the Soviets were conducting massed armor maneuvers coordinated with CAS and airborne operations at the brigade and division levels while Guderian was playing soldier with mere handfuls of civilian autos in lieu of the yet-to-be-delivered PzKw-I...

This was from a guy whose services best Generals were a nutcase who started the Korean War because he didn't follow orders and stop, and the Supreme Commander who later became president even though he finished last in his class at West Point.  You expect him to know what a good general is?

371497[/snapback]

Yeah, shut up. Chesty Puller is second only to Sun Tzu? Who's third on that list, BF? :P

Tukachevsky was a reactive that learned from Guderian?  :P  Uh, sure...that must be why the Soviets were conducting massed armor maneuvers coordinated with CAS and airborne operations at the brigade and division levels while Guderian was playing soldier with mere handfuls of civilian autos in lieu of the yet-to-be-delivered PzKw-I...

371507[/snapback]

You're having a French moment again. BTW, can you decipher Bills last on Korea?

This was from a guy whose services best Generals were a nutcase who started the Korean War because he didn't follow orders and stop, and the Supreme Commander who later became president even though he finished last in his class at West Point. You expect him to know what a good general is?

I thought he only saw Star Wars once. Did he like it? Or was he always hung on Yoda? (one of those understanding eye to eye things)