Can you just feel the hate oozing

Okay, heres a link to Claytons new article. Heres a piece he put in about the Bills after his lovefest with Marvin Lewis and the Bengals. (maybe I'm wrong but didn't MM have a better record than Marvin Lewis last year, and maybe even outcoached him when we spanked their behinds in their house)

It's going to be hard to do better than nine wins as they make the adjustment from Drew Bledsoe to J.P. Losman. Losman has the chance to be a great quarterback, but he's in the same position as Palmer a year ago. He has to learn on the job. Too bad Losman doesn't have Levi Jones at left tackle. The Bills are patching that vital spot with journeyman guard Mike Gandy. The Bills may have to step back a game or two before making a move the next season.

Ole Clayton digging a little and both the lack of signing a LT now, and I also think the pick of Big Mike over Levi Jones

Think Clayton is a little pissed that that Shelton was released and then the Bills brass gloated a little.

On a serious note, while it is only sports, these guys are still supposed to journalists. Okay, maybe you can make the point hes a columnist, but still This kind of personal vendettas should not be allowed

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...john&id=2096905

Bills styff on second page

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His take on the Bills seems to fit the general consensus of the national media types. I don't have a problem with it. But this?

With Pollack, Thurman and Simmons, the Bengals have one of the best linebacking corps in the league...

High praise indeed, for two players - including one who played DE in college, not LB - who have yet to play their first NFL game.

We'll see.

Most men would feel insulted if it were proposed to employ them in throwing stones over a wall, and then in throwing them back, merely that they might earn their wages. But many are no more worthily employed now.

Thoreau

370982[/snapback]

Been sampling your products agin, ~NG~?

Most men would feel insulted if it were proposed to employ them in throwing stones over a wall, and then in throwing them back, merely that they might earn their wages. But many are no more worthily employed now.

Thoreau

370982[/snapback]

Its easy to understand why the cat has eclipsed the dog as modern America's favorite pet. People like pets to possess the same qualities they do. Cats are irresponsible and recognize no authority, yet are completely dependent on others for their material needs. Cats cannot be made to do anything useful. Cats are mean for the fun of it.

O'Rourke

i think pencil-neck's comments about the bills are pretty much spot on, actually. those questions are the same ones that have been raised in here. losman is green. the LT is a castoff from another team.

it is true, however, that he (and a lot of other media whores) have some sort of bengal lovefest going on right now.

If by oozing hate, you mean realistic observations....then yes. Yes I do.

370974[/snapback]

I am not questioning the piece or soundness of idea about the questions surronding the LT spot. Lord knows we all have a question there. But after gushing all over Marvin Lewis and his drafting abilities, to then throw that Levi Jones quote in there is utterly irresponsible. I just cannot believe in the context of that article ,taken together with his public pissing match with Donahae over the Shelton thing, there is no way this was not personal.

If he had just left it at saying the Bills have a MASSIVE question mark at LT, I am all good with that.

i think pencil-neck's comments about the bills are pretty much spot on, actually.  those questions are the same ones that have been raised in here.  losman is green.  the LT is a castoff from another team.

it is true, however, that he (and a lot of other media whores) have some sort of bengal lovefest going on right now.

371013[/snapback]

I agree that some concern is valid. But we all know the Bills aren't going to throw the ball 40 times a game. Mularkey is going to protect Losman and Gandy by running the ball.

So how does the running game look? Anderson is a huge upgrade at guard. Williams, hopefully, will have a better start this season without last season's drama. And McGahee will be the starter from day 1.

Looks like the running game is in good shape. The defense will remain strong, and the special teams will be improved by adding Parrish as a returner.

So strong running game, strong defense, strong special teams. But everyone is freaking out because Donahoe isn't chasing after every 2-bit LT that gets cut from the worst franchises in the league. <_<

And by the way, the Bengals better have a strong LT, because since Lewis has failed to improve their defense, the offense is going to have to score 30+ points to win games.

It's going to be hard to do better than nine wins as they make the adjustment from Drew Bledsoe to J.P. Losman. Losman has the chance to be a great quarterback, but he's in the same position as Palmer a year ago. He has to learn on the job. Too bad Losman doesn't have Levi Jones at left tackle. The Bills are patching that vital spot with journeyman guard Mike Gandy. The Bills may have to step back a game or two before making a move the next season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...john&id=2096905

370951[/snapback]

What's wrong with that statement? He's probably right. If you look at Palmer's stats, he got off to medocre start and then got better each month that the season went on. JP will probably do the same thing.

The big difference is the Bills' D and ST are better than Cincy's and may be able to pull out an extra win or two to get us a wild card spot.

the real reason is TD <_<  jacked him up near the water cooler at Bristol a few years back when they worked together at ESPN. Something about Clayton's nerdy appearance really annoyed ol' Whitey.

371119[/snapback]

I believe TD still has Clayton's stapler

I'll defend the B'gals here. Through job circumstances, I've been here

since 1990.

What a decade for that club.

Last year, they ended up with 18 on the IR, including key starters early on. Their draft class of '04 stepped in and did quite well. Palmer went 1 and 5 and then went on fire, but was knocked out of action the game before Bflo, along with the starting center.

Take away the loss of a starting WR, starting MLB, his rookie back-up, a starting CB they traded for who played only 10 games, a starting center that managed 10 game or so, a starting safety that played 2 games, a starting DT who got cut and out by the Broncos and that club qualifies for playoff competition.

Keep a sense of perspective...

I'll defend the B'gals here. Through job circumstances, I've been here

since 1990.

What a decade for that club.

Last year, they ended up with 18 on the IR, including key starters early on. Their draft class of '04 stepped in and did quite well. Palmer went 1 and 5 and then went on fire, but was knocked out of action the game before Bflo, along with the starting center.

Take away the loss of a starting WR, starting MLB, his rookie back-up, a starting CB they traded for who played only 10 games, a starting center that managed 10 game or so, a starting safety that played 2 games, a starting DT who got cut and out by the Broncos and that club qualifies for playoff competition.

Keep a sense of perspective...

371169[/snapback]

They gave up over 80 points to the Browns in two games last season. That's all the perspective you need on the quality of their defense.

Every team has injuries. Williams and Gilbride weren't able to save their jobs because Moulds, Henry, and Jennings missed games in 2003.

Cinci is building a solid offense, agreed, but Williams is not making progress with the defense. There is no way that Cinci's defense was playoff-caliber last season.

If the trend continues, and if the rookies don't come up big it probably will, the offense will feel more pressure to produce. That's not a good situation for a developing QB.