T-Shirts

I want to enable guys and gals in BBBUK to buy BBBUK custom t-shirts and stuff...

I came accross Spreadshirt.com/Spreadshirt.net... They seem like a pretty neat idea to get simple designs onto merchandise at a fairly reasonable cost.

I can't carry the burden of cost for T-shirts myself, so I need a company that will print as required and when people want them...

PS - Don't mind if you Mods feel the need to move this to the consumer forum.

UPDATE: In the light of no experience I went ahead and signed up anyway.

http://www.spreadshirt.com for all you US types. It's a very handy site where you can upload your own designs to have them added to clothing and merchandise and even set how much commission you want to make as the store owner.

I just set up my own store - a US one will appear shortly. http://bbbuk.spreadshirt.net

Comments welcome

Nick, what are the copyright laws and all that stuff in using the Bills Logo? I was wondering about that... I saw that they just have a button that you click to say that you have permission to use whatever you upload and if there is any dispute, you are responsible not them. Do the Bills and the NFL let you sell stuff with their logo because it is for an official Backer club?

just wondering...

they look good by the way! thanks for finding that site, I will be taking advantage of it shortly...

Nick, what are the copyright laws and all that stuff in using the Bills Logo?  I was wondering about that... I saw that they just have a button that you click to say that you have permission to use whatever you upload and if there is any dispute, you are responsible not them.  Do the Bills and the NFL let you sell stuff with their logo because it is for an official Backer club? 

just wondering...

they look good by the way!  thanks for finding that site, I will be taking advantage of it shortly...

371738[/snapback]

Hmmm I would need to check that... OOOPS! Site may go offline real soon!

Hmmm I would need to check that... OOOPS! Site may go offline real soon!

371794[/snapback]

Cool looking T's Nick.

As far as copyright infringement, I had a go-round with that last year. As it turns out, as long as your club is a registered club in Bills Backers International you have permission to use the club's insignia - provided it's not in a for-profit enterprise.

We've printed some really nice T's and we sold some outright, and used some as prizes in gameday raffles to benefit the fight against MS (our club donates proceeds to our local National MS Society chapter). After learning how we use their logo, the Bills gave us their blessing.

Hope this helps :doh:

Cool looking T's Nick.

As far as copyright infringement, I had a go-round with that last year.  As it turns out, as long as your club is a registered club in Bills Backers International you have permission to use the club's insignia - provided it's not in a for-profit enterprise. 

We've printed some really nice T's and we sold some outright, and used some as prizes in gameday raffles to benefit the fight against MS (our club donates proceeds to our local National MS Society chapter).  After learning how we use their logo, the Bills gave us their blessing.

Hope this helps  :doh:

371901[/snapback]

I would suggest that Nick get a letter from the Bills. I had no trouble getting the letter, stating that I am allowed to use the Bills Backers logo for merchandise for my chapter. CYA.

I would suggest that Nick get a letter from the Bills. I had no trouble getting the letter, stating that I am allowed to use the Bills Backers logo for merchandise for my chapter. CYA.

371904[/snapback]

Hmm... Maybe I shoulda' saved that letter :doh:

371904[/snapback]

Thanks for the advice guys. I will get that letter.