Dugh - The Booster meeting was last night

I guess that vacation has me not thinking :lol::lol:

Lori went with me and took notes to be posted today.

Paul Peck was the media guest and Tim Anderson was the player.

There was a marketing person there promoting the Bills Backer and Booster link on BB.Com

All I can say is sign up and get registered - they have some great offerings coming up. A chance for tours of the stadium and things that most people never get to experience.

Lori will be posting the details of the evening. I took her to the Raceway/fairgrounds before the meeting because I had not been there since the opened the gaming building. It was fun for me(she just watched) as I showed her how to waste and hour for $10 on slot machines. Then just before I left I put $5 in a 5 cent machine and won $100. <_<:D Spent $40 on the Booster lottery ticket fund raiser. Still up $50 for the night

Lori showed me once again that the Booster mtg can be profitable as well as educational when she won one of the Split club drawings for $50

We celebrated with Wings at Danny's after the meeting.

All I can say is sign up and get registered - they have some great offerings coming up. A chance for tours of the stadium and things that most people never get to experience.

370496[/snapback]

So........I can sign up on BB.com ?

we support the team. Raise money for charities. meet 10 times a year. have tailgates, cookbooks, travel to away games. PARTY. just a fun group to belong to for $10 a year.

With temperatures soaring into the 90s again yesterday, the 75+ people in attendance were grateful for the industrial-strength air conditioning inside the Paul Maguire Club...

BBBC President Sharon Jackson opened the meeting, then turned the podium over to Bills marketing coordinator Aaron Schmidt. (sp? - he's not in the '04 media guide.) He gave a short presentation about Bills Backers Weekend, slated for the Miami game this year (October 9th). He also mentioned the relaunch of the redesigned Backers website, and encouraged people to register. (Various perks, including the chance to win autographed stuff, "Inside the Herd" Q-and-A access to players and coaches, etc.)

And for those of you still looking for single-game seats - if you register at the Backers website before July 9th, you'll receive the password for a special two-hour advance sale the morning individual sales open (7:00-9:00 AM July 16th).

He was followed at the microphone by Paul Peck (WIVB-TV), the featured media guest, who spoke briefly about the upcoming season. The way he sees it, "There's a lot to like about this team", and the measure of uncertainty created by some of the offseason roster moves only adds to his anticipation for the day the 2005 Bills actually take the field.

More notes from Peck: J.P. is doing and saying all the right things, but of course he'll still be a question mark until we see him start a few regular-season games. Kelly Holcombe and Shane Matthews are the perfect QBs to help groom Losman, and if anything should happen to J.P., he'd feel very comfortable about Holcombe playing. He thinks Willis is ready for a breakout season, and he says Lee Evans has looked fantastic in the workouts. (He mentioned Evans two or three times, in fact. Very impressed with his progression.)

Peck then introduced Bills DT Tim Anderson. Instead of just handing him the mic and leaving him to fend for himself, though, PP conducted a short Q-and-A session with Tim. Great idea - Peck is a solid interviewer, and I think the move put Anderson more at ease before he stepped up to the podium...

Anderson lives here year-round, although he might be rethinking the idea of staying here for the entire winter. (The temperature change from Ohio to here isn't that bad, he said, but the snow is a different story.) He's been a frequent visitor to the fieldhouse during the offseason, and has added about 10 pounds of muscle - he's at 315lb now.

Tim said it was tough to deal with not getting much playing time last season (after being a three-year starter at Ohio State), but he recognized the fact that the Bills had two Pro Bowl-caliber tackles who didn't want to come off the field. (He told us about one particular play in the Oakland game, when the coaches put him in to give Sam Adams a break. He said when he got out to the huddle, Adams just glared at him and sent him right back to the sideline...) He used last season as a chance to watch and learn the pro game, and with the departure of Pat Williams, Tim is looking forward to the opportunity to prove he belongs in the starting rotation.

With that, he started taking audience questions:

-Asked to describe his playing style, Anderson said he's a "blue-collar, whistle-to-whistle" guy; at OSU, he was asked to take on the double-team, freeing up the LBs. "I might not have the most God-given talent - everything I have is because I worked for it."

-As a senior in high school, he was the Ohio state heavyweight wrestling champion. Looking back, he's glad he decided to wrestle - he believes it really helped his football skills, especially his foot speed and handfighting.

-Impressions of his position coach, Tim Krumrie: "I never really got to see him play, but he's a player's coach - you know he's been there, he knows what he's talking about. I enjoy playing for him."

He described the handfighting drill TK put him through at Ohio State's pro day like this, after checking to make sure there were no small children in the audience: "He lines up across from you and basically beats the ^$&! out of you. It was the worst minute and a half of my entire life."

-Since he's been working against them in the OTAs, I asked him for his first impression of new Bills linemen Bennie Anderson and Mike Gandy. He said that while they don't do any serious hitting until they put on the pads in training camp, both players are intelligent, seem to have picked up the offense quickly, and show good technique. Someone mentioned, "That Anderson's a pretty big fella;" Tim chuckled, agreed, and said that's why he wants to add a few more pounds himself - it seems like the OGs just keep getting bigger...

Bills Director of Archives Denny Lynch was the final featured speaker of the evening. He gave a short update on Joe Ferguson (roughly the same info available on Fergy's website), and mentioned Marv Levy is recovering from shoulder surgery. Most of the players are taking advantage of the time off before camp begins; JP, Tim, and Mark Campbell were the only three players he saw working out yesterday. (Yes, J.P. is still here...)

Denny also informed those in attendance about "It All Started in East Aurora", a Bills Archives exhibit opening on July 28th at the Toytown Museum in East Aurora. There will be displays featuring the AFL and AFC championship teams, Ralph Wilson, the '12th Man', and Bills-related toys. Admission is free (but donations are gratefully accepted), and the installation will run through at least Super Bowl weekend.

Also in attendance was Henry DeOca of the Bills Backers of Brandon (FL); he introduced himself, spoke about the club, and invited us all to Florida.

Then just before I left I put $5 in a 5 cent machine and won $100. <_<  :(  Spent $40 on the Booster lottery ticket fund raiser. Still up $50 for the night

Lori showed me once again that the Booster mtg can be profitable as well as educational when she won one of the Split club drawings for $50

370496[/snapback]

Good things happening to good people.

Karma, baby!

Thanks for the write-up Lori!