Well I'm glad Canada passed a gay marriage bill

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someday people will realize that it's only freedom when those in the minority enjoy the same rights as those in the majority, regardless of how distasteful it is. 

370632[/snapback]

Its also WRONG for a lot of people. But dont let the voice of the majority sway opinion or anything.

I believe the majority would like to stick their heads in an oven over this. Speaking of reforms re: "social security reform", "campaign finance reform", perhaps we need "marriage reform".

but I have no convictions/spine/hot pockets in 3...2...1...

This was not about rights, gays have equal rights. This was about entitlement.  Try as they may the gay life style will never be accepted as mainstream, because it is not.

370650[/snapback]

Who cares if it's accepted as mainstream. I think they'd settle for just "accepted".

Unfortunately, "acceptance" isn't a word easily understood by many.

Who cares if it's accepted as mainstream. I think they'd settle for just "accepted".

Unfortunately, "acceptance" isn't a word easily understood by many.

370725[/snapback]

Given that a Homosexual cant even buy a Big Mac without prefacing his or her order with "Im gay...", I'd say Homosexuals are looking for something besides just being "accepted". They want more....not sure what it is.....but its something.

Knee-jerk "Your a filthy bigot" accusations in 5-4-3-2.........

Given that a Homosexual cant even buy a Big Mac without prefacing his or her order with "Im gay...", I'd say Homosexuals are looking for something besides just being "accepted". They want more....not sure what it is.....but its something.

Knee-jerk "Your a filthy bigot" accusations in 5-4-3-2.........

370831[/snapback]

Obviously you don't know many homosexuals - but feel free to rant on about all your experience with them. It's been awhile since someone pulled a Scraps on the board and told us he had friends of a certain persuasion while bashing them like a 1700s racist.

Obviously you don't know many homosexuals - but feel free to rant on about all your experience with them.  It's been awhile since someone pulled a Scraps on the board and told us he had friends of a certain persuasion while bashing them like a 1700s racist.

370847[/snapback]

Go easy. He saw it on Will & Grace.

Obviously you don't know many homosexuals - but feel free to rant on about all your experience with them.  It's been awhile since someone pulled a Scraps on the board and told us he had friends of a certain persuasion while bashing them like a 1700s racist.

370847[/snapback]

Ah, but "some of your best friends are gay", right?

Please.

My point and question is that the Homosexual's lobby attempts to interject their sex lives into every other part of their lives goes far beyond their desire for marriage rights and why is that so? A simple observation and question. We ARE still allowed to observe and question things, right?

Jeez, Darin....of all people to puke up the self-righteous knee-jerk bull sh--, Id expect you to be the LAST person to do it.

Ah, but "some of your best friends are gay", right?

Please.

My point and question is that the Homosexual's lobby attempts to interject their sex lives into every other part of their lives goes far beyond their desire for marriage rights and why is that so? A simple observation and question. We ARE still allowed to observe and question things, right?

Jeez, Darin....of all people to puke up the self-righteous knee-jerk bull sh--, Id expect you to be the LAST person to do it.

370867[/snapback]

You mean because that's what the media reports every day? Yeah, the parade marching baby diaper wearing fruits are absolutely the face of all homosexuals, just as everyone who hates them belongs in the KKK, right?

I lived in San Francisco for five years. I worked with alot of homosexuals. Most of them are regular people who try to live a good life and it would be difficult if not impossible to determine their sexual preference unless you saw them with their partner in a social setting. As far as friends go, I have only one acquantance in Alaska, who I didn't know was gay when I met him (Alaska isn't exactly the bastion of overt homosexual behavior). I found out at a party when his "partner" decided to try and piss me off by acting like a queen because he had the typical stereotype against "Right Wing Military" white guys.

We can spend eternity debating whether it's a choice or a natural "screw up" - personally I could give a flying rat's ass. Prohibition sucks and freedom isn't always supposed to be palatable.